ORSA USPSA Janurary 18th

I'll be shooting my first USPSA Match since the late '90's out at ORSA this coming Saturday.

I am really looking forward to it. :up:

My work schedule (every other weekend off) only allows me to shoot matches about 6 months out of the year. I am psyched ti finally have a "Match Weekend" off for this.

I have been shooting IDPA there for a short while (couple of years) and thoroughly enjoy the quality of the stages and the folks I've got to know at ORSA.

Now I will need some remediation LOL, so I'm counting on a little help there guys. :pleased:

I actually linked to the ORSA USPSA Facebook page ...a major step for me since I'm a dyed in wool technotard. The stages are listed there and they look to be fun and challenging!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ORSA-uspsa/119338841557558

See you folks there.

I'm the "Skinny Col. Sanders" looking old curmudgeon.  :cool:

• Like 1

I predict Daniel will be throwing rocks on bays 1 and 7. It's funny, I was out there on Sunday and the baracades and the steel were already set up, one of the stages there was a nice pile of 3/4" rocks on a table, as if awaiting Daniels arrival.

I predict Daniel will be throwing rocks on bays 1 and 7. It's funny, I was out there on Sunday and the baracades and the steel were already set up, on one of the stages there was a nice pile of 3/4" rocks on a table, as if awaiting Daniels arrival. Edited by BrasilNuts

I would like to try it. I have never done anything like this. Whats the restrictions on guns? I carry/use my Glock 19 primarily. It does have an extended/ported barrel though.

Also, what time is the event and where do I find out how much ammo I would need?

Definitely come try it out.

I'm certain some very knowledgeable folks here will answer your questions much better than I can.

But I carry a Glock 19, about as factory as they come as far as internals, Trijicon sites and Perkins Modified Grip Reduction and Enhancement Package (How's that for a description? :up: ).

A lot of folks will, I'm certain, utilize holsters and other gear that will enhance their performance.

I'll be using my EDC IWB holster and mag pouches...plus a couple of additional magazines. But that's just my preference.

Besides, I lack the ability to benefit from the match purpose gear. :cool:

As far as ammo? By looking at the stages from the ORSA Facebook page it should be around 120 rounds. But since I plan on missing...probably a lot...I plan to bring 300 rounds. LOL.

There's an update at the ORSA Facebook page addressing member and non-member match fees. Very timely.

Time:  http://orsaap.com/USPSA%20page.htm

I think the 19c will put you in open class, but if you just want to shoot it probably doesn't matter to you. Bring at least 5 mags, if you don't have enough I've got plenty of 19 mags you can borrow. You're going to need mag pouches too, I run three, I've got one double you can use if needed.

Edit: Match starts at 10am, so be there around 9:30 to register and for the new shooters meeting. Come on out we'll put you in our squad and walk you through everything. Edited by BrasilNuts
  • Like 1

you guys rock. thanks for the advice. gotta make sure the day is clear of any kid/wife activities. sounds like a lot of fun. 

If I put my regular barrel back on, does that change anything? Not sure about the "class" thing. i am a newbie to this stuff, but it sounds like a lot of fun, and good training.

Edited by jaxjohn419

If you put the original barrel back in you can shoot it in Limited 10, Limited, or production. I would suggest production with a factory Glock 19

If you shoot in Production class (think of it as stock factory guns) you load 10 rounds per mag and 11 in your first mag.
If you shoot Limited class you can load your mags to capacity.

It can be a lot to take in at first, but we'll help you along.

They'll be a few  that'll show ya what not to do "LOL" That's pretty helpful too :pleased: :pleased: :pleased: :pleased: :pleased: I'm gonna be bringing Jacob back he's wanting to try USPSA also.

Edited by Rickey

I'm not going and I know what he's talking about.... I've got to get over there one of these weekends to see what's going on,it sounds like you'll are having waaaaaaay tooooooo much fun !!!!!

You and your dad need to come out sometime man. We have a great time. I'm sure we could meet up or even arrange to ride together so you dont have to drive the entire way.

Looks like that day may be clear for me to attend. I will take up anyone who can loan me a mag pouch/holster, as I do not have any of those. (anybody wanna volunteer one?)

I have 4 mags, which I imagine should be enough? I will convert back to the stock Glock 19 barrel. I will be there early to peper you guys wth a ton of "noob" questions.
My goal is to not make an ass of myself. (well, shooting safely is primary. Second is to not embarass myself)

Anything else that I should consider bringing besides beverage, cleaning kit & oil, and ammo?

Looks like that day may be clear for me to attend. I will take up anyone who can loan me a mag pouch/holster, as I do not have any of those. (anybody wanna volunteer one?)
I have 4 mags, which I imagine should be enough? I will convert back to the stock Glock 19 barrel. I will be there early to peper you guys wth a ton of "noob" questions.
My goal is to not make an ass of myself. (well, shooting safely is primary. Second is to not embarass myself)

Anything else that I should consider bringing besides beverage, cleaning kit & oil, and ammo?

You are welcome, more so required to shoot in our squad now lol. You cant miss me I'm 6'3 235 and wear a white LSU hat lol. as far as Glock equipment i'm sorry but i dont own any, however I'm sure one of the fine fellows here will be happy to help you out with some stuff.