Armsco 22

GTownGeorge

Guy at range knew I was looking for a project gun and I purchased a Armsco 22 made in Nashville probably in the 50's. They were made and sold by a Army Navy store in Nashville for $19.95. It looks like it was made in someone's garage. Gun was beat and dirty. Took it home cleaned it up and back to range and it actually fired, most of the time. Trigger pull is excessive and it shot about a foot high at 5 yards. I stripped it and rounded all the sharp edges and got rid of all the rust. Polished it up and painted it but didn't like it so stripped off the paint and cold blued it. Doesn't look to bad except side plate is different material from the frame and it didn't come out so hot. Actually found parts for it at Numrich. It came with white plastic grips that I replaced with some wood ones. Recent range trip and it fired every time in SA mode but only about 80% of time in DA mode. It's strange because you remove the cylinder rod and cylinder to load/unload. OK to shoot but it sure was a fun project. I had the thing completely apart and put back together about 10 times. 

Here are some pictures  http://gtowngeorge.blogspot.com/

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.