xs big dot rear sight options?

JReedEsq

Can anyone point me in the direction of a rear sight that would line up with an xs big dot front? I sold my Glock 27 and picked up a Glock 26 with xs big dot sights. I've only put about 75 rounds through it so far (so I reserve the right to change my mind) but so far I'm not that impressed with them. I've used Glock factory night sights and Meprolight and I think my eyes are just looking for something to reference on the sides. I know a lot of people swear by these, but they don't seem faster to me since my eyes feel trained to some sort of pereipherial horezontial reference point. my thought is that if I can find a wide rear sight, it might give me a more conventional sight picture that isn't so different than my other pistols. If it wasn't plastic, I'd consider putting the Glock factory rear on. I'm sure I already have some laying around but I don't want to have it installed just to find it isn't wide enough.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a rear sight that would line up with an xs big dot front? I sold my Glock 27 and picked up a Glock 26 with xs big dot sights. I've only put about 75 rounds through it so far (so I reserve the right to change my mind) but so far I'm not that impressed with them. I've used Glock factory night sights and Meprolight and I think my eyes are just looking for something to reference on the sides. I know a lot of people swear by these, but they don't seem faster to me since my eyes feel trained to some sort of pereipherial horizontal reference point. my thought is that if I can find a wide rear sight, it might give me a more conventional sight picture that isn't so different than my other pistols. If it wasn't plastic, I'd consider putting the Glock factory rear on. I'm sure I already have some laying around but I don't want to have it installed just to find it isn't wide enough.

Thanks for the offer Cannon, but I've just about decided I'm going to order either the Trijicon HDs or Ameriglo Operators for the gen 4 19 I picked up.  I've seen the HDs and like them.  They look like they emphasize the front sight without being too different from the 3 dot set up that I'm used to.  I'm just thinking about what I'm going to do with this 26 with the Big Dots.  As they are they are just too different from my other pistols.  I'm going to shoot them a few more times and make sure I don't change my mind.  I read on another forum about someone using a Novak rear sight that was wide enough for the Big Dot but I've not been able to locate a model number or anything.  A simple, wide, rear sight might make the sight picture a little more conventional so that it's not so different that it confuses me at first.  Should also be a lot less expensive than ordering two sets of Trijicon HDs at the same time.     

Edited by JReedEsq

The express v style setup takes a little while to get used to but for me sight acquisition is faster and it gives me a much more open sight picture. I use a similar set up on my double rifle for those exact reasons.

Now, for precise target shooting, it's not the setup I'd reach for.... but for self defense and close quarters I much prefer it.

Your mileage may vary.

• Like 2