C&R question re: trusts

I have googled this quite a bit over the past few days and still don't have an answer.  If I have my C&R FFL can I transfer firearms that I have purchased with it to my gun trust?  If so is it handled just like transferring any other type of firearms only they have to be removed from my bound book?  Or are there other hoops to jump through?

True enough I suppose.  Was just thinking it would be easier in regards to handing them down to my children later on if the guns were transferred to the trust and the kids were on the trust as beneficiaries.  What happens to your C&R guns if you want to pass them on and they are still on your bound book when you pass?

Bound book is irrelevant if you shove off. It's just property like anything else....goes to whoever you want it to in a will or to your immediate family if you don't have an official document.

This - the guns are personal property and are part of your estate, to be disposed of per any directions you have left. Just realize that guns are easily moved, so if you have special requests on their disposition it might be wise to let people know BEFORE you die.

If cousin wilbur decides he gets your purty gun then sells it and later on its revealed it was a prize family heirloom - well - good luck with that!
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.