Spreading the Wealth...

Guest Verbal Kint

Guest Verbal Kint

Taken from over on the M4C forums. Found this funny, so figured I'd share it here...

Spreading my wealth

Yesterday on my way to lunch at Doe's, I passed one of the homeless guys in that area, with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money." Once inside the Doe's,even my waiter had on a "Obama 08" tee shirt.

When the bill came, I decided NOT to tip the waiter and explained to him while he had given me exceptional service, that his tee shirt made me feel he obviously believes in Senator Obama's plan to redistribute the wealth. I told him I was going to redistribute his tip to someone that I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. He stood there in disbelief and angrily stormed away.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $3 and told him to thank the waiter inside, as I had decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy looked at me in disbelief but seemed grateful.

As I got in my truck, I realized this rather unscientific redistribution experiment had left the homeless guy quite happy for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn. Well, I guess this redistribution of wealth is going to take a while to catch on with those doing the work....

Guess the waiter didn't like Obama's plan after all. :lol: Edited by Verbal Kint
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is on Neal Boortz's web site. You can print it out and leave it instead of a tip.

Dear "Server

"We truly have enjoyed having dinner at this fine restaurant, and your service has been exemplary. However, we have been inspired by the words of Senator Barack Obama and have decided to "spread the wealth around." We have paid what we owe here, but we'll be giving your tip, which you probably don't really need anyway, to one of the less fortunate at some freeway exit ramp on our way home this evening.

Best regards.

Your grateful customers.