Fenix flashlight service

Tuffus

I've read on a few boards that Fenix service sucks so I was apprehensive when I tried to call about a problem. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and put me in contact with the right person to solve my problem. The light wasn't under warranty anymore and the problem was my own creation (left alkaline batteries in my LD 41 too long and they leaked). The battery carrier was eaten up with corrosion. I hoped to send it in for a fee and get it fixed because it's been a good light and not a cheap one. She hooked me up with the battery carrier at no charge and I got it in 2 days. Problem solved, I would buy another Fenix anytime. Good light, good service. Let there be light!

• Like 2

Always good to hear about a company that takes care of their customers. 

I recently had a good experience as well.  This one with Merrell Shoes.  I certainly will not hesitate to buy from them again.  Turned out there wasn't anything wrong with the shoes they just needed to be broken in a little bit more.  Here is a copy of the email correspondence I had with them. 

In July of 2011 I bought my first pair of Merrell shoes, a pair of Moab Ventilators.  I loved these shoes, they were the most comfortable and rugged shoes that I had ever owned, 3 1/2 years of abuse and still going is a great shoe by any standards!  So, I received a new pair of Moab Ventilators as a gift about 3 weeks ago.  Understandable I was excited!  I hate to report that even though I have worn these shoes several times they are one of the most uncomfortable pairs of shoes that I have ever owned.  Any suggestions or ideas as to why identical shoes, made three years apart, could feel this different?   And, more importantly, do you have any recommendations as to what I could do to make them more comfortable?

And their response...

Thank you for letting us know of the issue with your Merrell shoes.

We can do a onetime courtesy exchange for you, and get you into a pair you can wear. If you could reply back with the following information we can get you set up for the exchange.

• Phone Number
  • Stock number, this is normally a 5 digit number stamped inside your item J*****
  • Size and Width
  • Date and Place of purchase
  • Photo of the footwear

Again I am sorry about the issue and thank you for your loyalty to the Merrell brand.

All the best,

Heather T.
Merrell Consumer Relations
Edited by 10-Ring
  • Like 1