Do you belong to the NRA?

Do you belong the the NRA?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Do you belong the the NRA?

• Yes
    • No

I could not disagree more. This is a common argument I see from people who choose not to support the NRA. My answer is: How much ground does a stubborn child gain by being stubborn? Usually none. If the NRA can't move and adapt and make compromises, they are going to get nowhere in DC. They are willing to work with lawmakers to achieve the best possible outcome for gun owners instead of being stalwart, which would most likely get them shut out.

I didn't think "...shall not be infringed" gives much wiggle room.

Maybe that's just me.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined last year sometime.

Would have joined earlier,had Id been into guns longer!

I will likely join very soon due to last night's election.

However, I have resisted for a while. In GA the NRA was not very helpful in getting some crucial state legislation passed. They had an agenda which was not exactly what "we" wanted. "We" tried desperately to get them to help us. They didn't come in until the very last minute once they knew they would also be getting what "they" wanted. Only then did they decide to help "us". They didn't want to push two (or join) two agendas during the same leg session.

Well they are there in the BIG picture saving your rights.They might not help with one states one gun law,but they are there helping with the bigger gun laws that affect allot more people.

Nope, not a member any more after I found out that they bargain and agree to give up certain rights to "save" other rights.

I will not be a part of an organization that purports to represent me and then stab me in the back. Either you fight for ALL of the 2nd or none of it.

With an attitude like that,we wont have any gun rights in the future!

Like said,I would rather have 10 rounds then no rounds.

This crap has got to stop with people saying"they didn't help ME,so screw them and everybody else!"

With out the NRA/NRA-ILA we wouldn't have any gun rights in this country!

Edited by strickj
Guest bkelm18

With an attitude like that,we wont have any gun rights in the future!

Like said,I would rather have 10 rounds then no rounds.

This crap has got to stop with people saying"they didn't help ME,so screw them and everybody else!

With out the NRA/NRA-ILA we would have any gun rights in thos country!

+1

Guest VolGrad
This crap has got to stop with people saying"they didn't help ME,so screw them and everybody else!"

With out the NRA/NRA-ILA we wouldn't have any gun rights in this country!

I am not disagreeing with you. That is why I am torn. I will likely be joining soon because I feel I have to, now more than ever.

I am not disagreeing with you. That is why I am torn. I will likely be joining soon because I feel I have to, now more than ever.

Actually that wasn't directed towards you personally.

I left allot of room under my quotes to say that in hopes it wouldn't appear to be towards you,or C.

Thats just for everybody really!

Thats the thing I hate worst about Repubs.Allot of the majority have an its all about me attitude.If something doesn't favor their way,they stomp on the idea that could benefit the whole

I will likely join very soon due to last night's election.

However, I have resisted for a while. In GA the NRA was not very helpful in getting some crucial state legislation passed. They had an agenda which was not exactly what "we" wanted. "We" tried desperately to get them to help us. They didn't come in until the very last minute once they knew they would also be getting what "they" wanted. Only then did they decide to help "us". They didn't want to push two (or join) two agendas during the same leg session.

We've had the same problem in Tennessee. 2nd Amendment supporters should support their state gun organization with the same zeal they support the NRA.

We've had the same problem in Tennessee. 2nd Amendment supporters should support their state gun organization with the same zeal they support the NRA.

Which organization is our "state gun organization"?

I've been trying to figure that one out for a while.

Edited by enfield
Guest Todd@CIS

I've been a Life Member for over 15 years and continue to contribute regularly.

Honestly, I really don't see how any gun owner can not be an NRA member.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest Todd@CIS
Nope, not a member any more after I found out that they bargain and agree to give up certain rights to "save" other rights.

I will not be a part of an organization that purports to represent me and then stab me in the back. Either you fight for ALL of the 2nd or none of it.

Being totally civil, what's your alternative?

Are you a member of another pro-gun rights organization or nothing at all?

Guest Todd@CIS

Matter of fact, I just had an idea.

Anyone who signs up for a CIS Defensive Series class will get 1/2 of an annual NRA membership paid for. If the student is already a member, a person of their choosing will get 1/2 of an annual membership paid for.

Guest page90lx

You make it sound like or union representation at my job, but unfortunately

I need them at work like we need the NRA they may not always do what we think they should but it's what we got and better than nothing.

Guest Astra900
Being totally civil, what's your alternative?

Are you a member of another pro-gun rights organization or nothing at all?

I dunno if they are still around, but the JPFO used to do some good things.