M1 Carbine Magazines

Below is a post from the CMP Forum, but short version is that CMP will shortly have M1 carbine magazines available in quantity on their E-store.

Authoricon_go_left.gif Topic icon_go_right.gif hlangloisMS

USA

8 Posts

icon_posticon.gifPosted - 11/09/2008 : 07:11:25 icon_profile.gif icon_reply_topic.gif According to Mississippi Kid on the CMP South report web site, he stated that he brought Carbine Mags over weekend... Any ideal when us, mail order people might be able to buy them also.omichaels

USA

icon_posticon.gifPosted - 11/09/2008 : 10:31:18 icon_profile.gif icon_reply_topic.gif we should have the carbine mags up for sale on the estore within a week or two (maybe withihn a day or two). Plenty to go around so no worries about running out.

We started to sort by manufacturer / marking, but determined this week that we do not want to do this. So, it will be luck of the draw. We just ordered the packaging (received it on Friday) and will start packing next week. We will have two configurations:

Single carbine mags @ $12 each or packages of 10 carbine mags @ $100 per package. Order by the decade and save $20.

As soon as we have a few hundred packs ready, we will put up for sale on estore and I will advise forum readers and post info on the carbine page. Will also send some to North store - they should get there by 19 November.icon_go_up.gifAM913 gala

USA

69 Posts

icon_posticon.gifPosted - 11/09/2008 : 13:08:42 icon_profile.gif icon_reply_topic.gif Orest: can you comment on the quality of mags as compared to last lot offered? Some received in my order of five were beyond rust removal and were hard to release from carbine. Will these function better? Thank you.icon_go_up.gifnwo

USA

67 Posts

icon_posticon.gifPosted - 11/09/2008 : 13:47:30 icon_profile.gif icon_reply_topic.gif That is great! I am looking forward to ordering some! 12 bucks each is a good deal. I just bought two from a local dealer at 20 bucks each!

It's all about The Game, and how you play it

It's all about control, and if you can take it

It's all about your debt, and if you can pay it

It's all about the pain, and who's gonna make it.

icon_go_up.gifomichaels

USA

icon_posticon.gifPosted - 11/10/2008 : 07:18:23 icon_profile.gif icon_reply_topic.gif overall (broad range) - these are in much better shape than the previous batch. Keep in mind the "overall", since some will probably be the same as some were in the last batch.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest billwilly73

Sportsmans Guide has new aftermarket ones

Stock No.ModelRds.Color69399M1 Carbine20Blue69400M1 Carbine30Blue69401M1 Carbine40Blue

$13.47 for 20 round

$14.47 for 30 round

$15.47 for 40 round

those are prices before member discount.........I don't know if those are good prices or not???

I do not want aftermarket M1 mags. Thanks for the info anyway billy, I hear they are hit mor miss as far as working among other reasons.

I think it a sin to put something like that in a fine weapon that helped win the Big One.

I also think part of the fun of owning this weapon is the scrounging it may take to find vintage accessories for it. I am kicking myself ( did not know a fat old man could reach his ass with his foot but I can) for not buying a vintage sling I saw for it at the gun show this last weekend.

But I did get some vintage mags, one of them is a Union Hardware. Never saw one of those before and it is in near 100% condition. Got another that was the same make as my rifle, an Inland.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest billwilly73

I just recently traded for a Universal M1 30 cal carbine. I don't know anything about them, I haven't even shot it yet. The guy told me his father had owned it for over 20 years. Are these any good????

nothing wrong with a Universal. It is commercially made and not USGI. Does that matter? Not really. The universal i think has a fatter stock. Probably was meant as an improvement. I am not sure of other differences.

You need to get out and shoot it!!