Bad day (for me)

JeffsSig

Well I had a bad day .

Saturday morning I went to the Gun show at Meadowview

in Kingsport. I was there when the doors opened and I was on the hunt for a new 1911. First off there were a lot of people there. (I hate crowds) Next no CC allowed. Ok I can live with that . Then ( as per past shows there are a lot of long guns and I knew that but was hoping since a lot are out buying someone would have some handguns.). I seen almost no “New†handguns out of 200 plus tables maybe 25 new handguns. No SIGs! No 1911 (worth getting) Plus the prices…………….. on those I did see and very few even caught my eye had 25-40% mark up on what I can buy them for from out of state dealers.

Guns shows just seem to be a swap meet (or at least the ones around here)

So it’s back to the phones and the net to find my 1911.

Thanks for reading my rant. :confused:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead

I haven't seen anything I'd call low prices at a gun show in a couple of years. For me, guns shows aren't so much about the price, but the selection. Often it gives me the chance to check out stuff I don't see at the local dealers and often to reinforce what a good deal my local guy gave me.

I have put together a couple of good deals for myself at gun shows, but that's different than just the price tag on the item.

Lately I mostly go looking for stuff for my Garand. :confused:

Sorry to hear it. I prefer the old stuff myself.

I ended up with an old (west german make, browning marked) 220 in a swap a few months ago. Good piece, but I'm a victim of the 1911 retrovirus, so it doesn't do anything for me. PM me if you'd be interested.

Guest sermon8r

www.hero-gear.com Joe will treat you right

Well I had a bad day .

in Kingsport. I was there when the doors opened and I was on the hunt for a new 1911. First off there were a lot of people there. (I hate crowds) Next no CC allowed. Ok I can live with that . Then ( as per past shows there are a lot of long guns and I knew that but was hoping since a lot are out buying someone would have some handguns.). I seen almost no “New†handguns out of 200 plus tables maybe 25 new handguns. No SIGs! No 1911 (worth getting) Plus the prices…………….. on those I did see and very few even caught my eye had 25-40% mark up on what I can buy them for from out of state dealers.

Thanks for reading my rant. :confused:

Guest Astra900

Gunshows are great for two things, entertaining yourself, and seeing something you want so you can go somewhere else and order it cheaper.

Kinda like Franklin Gun:stare:WHOA did I type that out loud:shhh::confused:

Guest TinkerBell

Ya, Joe will treat u right. Very nice guy and his shop is female friendly if you have a lady in your life looking for something..... The gun show here in Memphis wasnt all that great either... A waste of $8.00 in my opinion... Good luck on you search tho....

Guest Rugerman

Having been to the Kingsport show many times and and other shows in the Dayton/Chattanooga area, I would have to say the Kingsport one is MUCH MUCH MUCH more absurd on prices than any others I have been to for some reason.

I was sitting at the house about noon yesterday and remembered the gun show at Meadowview. Jumped in the car and drove down and I could not believe how many vehicles were there ( and in the lots of adjacent buildings). I have been to Meadowview shows before but I think I have always gone on Sunday. I couldn't get near the place yesterday (Saturday). There was a shuttle bus picking people up at the Eastman Credit Union and the building behind it, and taking people to Meadowview. Is this normal for a Saturday gunshow crowd? I don't see how they can get that many people in the building.

JeffsSig, I was up in Tazewell last week at Mike's Gun Shop.....he's got a TON of 1911's....I saw a brand new Kimber Ultra Carry for less than $700.....and many others all reasonably priced. This guy has not inflated his prices AT ALL....not even on the Ak's he had left. I picked up a new toy there myself :up: Phone # is 423-626-5300. Tazewell is not to far from you either. Nice shop, good people.

Guest Watauga
Well I had a bad day .

in Kingsport. I was there when the doors opened and I was on the hunt for a new 1911. First off there were a lot of people there. (I hate crowds) Next no CC allowed. Ok I can live with that . Then ( as per past shows there are a lot of long guns and I knew that but was hoping since a lot are out buying someone would have some handguns.). I seen almost no “New” handguns out of 200 plus tables maybe 25 new handguns. No SIGs! No 1911 (worth getting) Plus the prices…………….. on those I did see and very few even caught my eye had 25-40% mark up on what I can buy them for from out of state dealers.

Thanks for reading my rant. :P

I was there Saturday early. $10 entry fee!:up:

Crowded, no close parking, high prices, And too hot inside!

Very few new guns. Did find some Ruger Mags I needed.

Guns I had recently priced in local shops were priced much higher at the show.