Help IDing a 12 gauge

Guest RISC777

Guest RISC777

Hopkins & Allen Arms Co

CONN USA

C0503 (behind trigger and left side barrel)

Pics are not that great, best I could get for now. I've researched the company and know the details of 1868 to the 1901 merger, then the cessation of production in 1917 when Marlin-Rockwell Corp took it over for production of Browning automatic rifle components.

They primarily produced inexpensive hand guns and long guns, and the hand guns are worth more value-wise. But I came across this guy and it's either going to be project, or a restoration for re-sell purpose. It has one screw missing behind the trigger guard and it has internal problems. Once I disassemble I'll see why it won't cock, and why the trigger and firing pin float around.

Anyone know anything more about these single shots? This is a boxlock with a hammer, not exactly the true specification (definitely not a falling block model).

3aa347ec07a9d97d18a6eb57c4ec386d5g.jpg

9d2efc9fe9b67b061047dbb8458ae5a95g.jpg

7aae14e6cd811cd6d53f26fb5a9ad6c95g.jpg

ha31118cat1900.jpg

ha31334cat1911repairs.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RISC777

Astra, searching the spacer, no luck yet.

I see a good brass punch set in the near future.

And, if nothing else, it'll be a nice wall decoration. Wife may not like it, but it's not just her house. LOL

Guest RISC777

Shug, around that time (1890-ish) a lot of American companies made their own, worked with others, made some that were sold under other names, etc. Some can be good finds of a rare piece, though a lot are just some inexpensive (sold for $5.00) old weapons still around and not discarded.

I can't find anything on Lions Heart Arms either, direct or indirect reference.

i'v got one like that, mine has a spring broke so it wont cock either, I just havent ordered a spring yet to fix mine. and the trigger on mine is real loose also and it just seems to be wore out or very poorly built in the first place, mine also has a cracked stock on it, i dont know what they are worth but if you decide to get ride of that one I would be interested in it.

Guest RISC777
i'v got one like that, mine has a spring broke so it wont cock either, I just havent ordered a spring yet to fix mine. and the trigger on mine is real loose also and it just seems to be wore out or very poorly built in the first place, mine also has a cracked stock on it, i dont know what they are worth but if you decide to get ride of that one I would be interested in it.

What I've seen on the Net is if one is in Excellent condition you might could get $300 give or take. This one isn't rusted, but the wood is kind of sad (initials carved into one side of the neck, matches my initials except for the middle one - heh) and the bluing is about gone.

Did you order or get a manual of any kind for the one you have? Do you know of a source/sources for parts?

Heck, the trigger flippin fell out last night when the pin it hinges on slid out on its own. LOL I had taken it down part way and didn't feel like going further with it at 11 p.m. Mine needs some work.

What I've seen on the Net is if one is in Excellent condition you might could get $300 give or take. This one isn't rusted, but the wood is kind of sad (initials carved into one side of the neck, matches my initials except for the middle one - heh) and the bluing is about gone.

Did you order or get a manual of any kind for the one you have? Do you know of a source/sources for parts?

Heck, the trigger flippin fell out last night when the pin it hinges on slid out on its own. LOL I had taken it down part way and didn't feel like going further with it at 11 p.m. Mine needs some work.

Numrich gun parts had some of the parts, i have the info at home somewhere, I dont remember what model it is but they had some parts for them a few years ago. I'll see what i can find for you.

Guest RISC777
Numrich gun parts had some of the parts, i have the info at home somewhere, I dont remember what model it is but they had some parts for them a few years ago. I'll see what i can find for you.
Thanks, Big_D.

The one place I got a reply from asked what model it is even though my request to them stated I did not know the model. I wonder if they read my message?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RISC777

Well, one screw to replace a missing screw and to make a missing spring and this puppy may be operational.

Been to a couple of gun smiths and they cannot find this shotgun in their books, which is somewhat interesting in itself. So IDing the model to get the spacer I need to go behind the foregrip is the last piece to the puzzle.

Then if I can have the barrel determined if it's damascus steel or not and I'll be satisfied (and knowing if I want to fire it or not ... lol).