Got a little 9 point

Good gravy was it cold this morning. My nipples are still hard.:rolleyes:

Hadn't seen or heard anything until 7:30 when this doe comes running in. She stops about 10 yards from my stand. I hear a crunch crunch and see this buck trailing her. He was about 60 yards away and only offered a shot at his chest. As soon as the doe stopped staring at me, I swung on the buck and boom.

He is a typical 8 with a 1.5" sticker off the back of his right brow tine.

deer1.jpg

deer2.jpg

Anybody else have any luck?

Edited by KahrMan
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest billwilly73

Nice...congrats..........I got up at 4 am, 12 degrees brrrrrrrrrrrr Got in the shooting house before daylight, fired up the propane heater AAAAHHHHHH.........Watched a spike for about an hour then a doe for about 45 min.......gonna go back this afternoon There are a couple of 8 pointers and a 9 pointer in the area..........I'll check my cameras this afternoon & see if maybe I got some pics

Guest Bronker

Killed a 5 pointer, that would have been a 8+ had he not been broken off both sides!!! He was probably 6 years old, and weighed 165 lbs. An old buck on the way down. Needed culled out. He'll make awesome jerky!!!

Nice...congrats..........I got up at 4 am, 12 degrees brrrrrrrrrrrr Got in the shooting house before daylight, fired up the propane heater AAAAHHHHHH.

Propane heater!?! WTF You sir are a pu**y!:confused::D Of course if I had a shooting house you can bet I would have had a heater running...:screwy:

Guest sharpshooter01

Congrats to y'all on the deer!! I ended up coming home about 9:30 or so and changed the oil in 2 vehicles, drank some beer, and watched the Vols after 3 dogs come running through my area this morning. This has not been my year for hunting, it started during turkey season and has carried over to deer season. I'll try again on turkey day.

Guest billwilly73
Propane heater!?! WTF You sir are a pu**y!:screwy::D Of course if I had a shooting house you can bet I would have had a heater running...:stick:

YES I AM!!!!! It was so cold I froze my :confused: testiculars off!!!

Got my first Tennessee buck this morning. No rack to speak of (he would have been a 6-point if it was all there), but he was a hoss. I figure he'll go around 160 field dressed. I only had to drag him 150 yds or so, but I was done when I got to the edge of the woods! Probably 2 and half y/o. Shot him with my Swiss K31 with Hornady 165 gr BTSP, irons at about 80 yds.

He should be good eatin'!

1sttnbuck.jpg

(That's a leaf...)

Edited by C-ya
Guest coldblackwind

I need to find a bigger area to hunt...but in our itty bitty tiny hunting spot, we saw a doe yesterday, and I believe a buck today. Didn't really have a shot at either of them though.

I got into the woods before the break of dawn Saturday morning around 6 a.m. It sure was freezing. I was dragging a doe-in-estrus scent drag to the stand, and walked along around my stand. Not long after i got situated, i heard something running up behind me. Didn't get a chance to see it. Later on, i saw a big body spike come out near a creek about 80 yards away. Allowed it to pass. Not much action after that. Heard gumshots to the distance all around me between 7 to 10 a.m. Stayed in the stand until noon. Went back into the woods around 2 p.m. Saw a couple of does 100 yards or so along the edge of the woods and watched them a bit before sunset. Hunted this morning and didn't see anything. Too much pressure. I might go to Weakly County and hunt with my cousin during the weekdays.

Guest GlocKingTN

Haven't even been hunting yet. Had to babysit all weekend. But Im off work after Tuesday, then let the fun begin.

By the way canynracer, if you need a place to hunt, let me know! I have a little acreage you can use. Im just about 40 miles east of Lakeland. Give me a call if you want. 731/609/4007

Guest Jcochran88

well had oppurtunities but was holding out for mature buck all told seen about 17 or 18 does on Saturday and a couple of small bucks nothing that I would have shot! after the rut is over it will be doe culling time!!!!

Guest canynracer
Haven't even been hunting yet. Had to babysit all weekend. But Im off work after Tuesday, then let the fun begin.

By the way canynracer, if you need a place to hunt, let me know! I have a little acreage you can use. Im just about 40 miles east of Lakeland. Give me a call if you want. 731/609/4007

WOW! I appreciate the offer!! I will be buying a rifle very soon (my xmas present) and I will be taking you up on that!

Guest canynracer
Did you get a rifle yet?

First rule is you can’t hunt with an M&P compact. :D

Nope no rifle yet...I need one...

WTF, I cant take down a deer wit da foty?

I have my AR, but I am thinking 223 isnt enough, I have heard it was...but I just dont know if I wanna use it.

A friend of mine's son who's hunting at the same property i'm hunting in uses a Ruger mini 14 to hunt. The rifle shoots .223 ammo. I believe he's using it for the light recoil and he was able to get a doe wednesday evening. If you do hunt with your AR, be sure you have proper optics for a humane kill. And DO NOT use FMJ

Guest canynracer

Thanks, Like I said, I wont hunt with it...just seems weird..LOL..30 rounds for little bambi. LOL

I will get me a 30-06, 30-30, or most likely 308.

My mom is gonna send me a lever action Winchester 30-30 that has been in my family for years...so I will use that till I find my 308.