Tactical Solutions 2211 conversion kit

Guest VolGrad

Guest VolGrad

Just arrived .... Tactical Solutions kit to convert full size 1911 chambered in .45acp to .22lr. This one came with the barrel already threaded for the can I just bought (of course, still waiting for). Unlike some kits, this one locks the slide open after the last round is fired. The mag has a metal tube and is designed more like a traditional 1911 mag. It is supposed to feed better and make the kit less finicky with ammo. It should be though for what they charge. OUCH!!!

Range report to follow after the holiday.

TacSol2.jpg

TacSol1.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VolGrad
Eagerly awaiting the range report, as I've been looking at this exact kit for a while. Nice purchase, and it looks great!

It appears you are a Kimber man too. I had a Kimber kit prior to this. I think it was made by Marvel. I liked it just fine but it was finicky at times. I could go 4 or 5 mags without a hiccup and then would have two in next mag. The mag design is just poor with the Kimber kits IMO. The Kimber also didn't slide lock after the last round. The accuracy was great out of the Kimber though.

This kit is significantly heavier than the Kimber was so it balances more "true" to the pistol in its .45acp role.

Oh ya, the barrel is already threaded to host my can. For the Kimber I was going to have my guy add on the the barrel to be able to thread it. It can be done. A buddy has a Kimber kit that he did like that. I just wanted something that wasn't modified if possible.

Guest VolGrad

When I get a chance I will try to post pics of the kit with the slide locked back. It is kind of strange how it works. The Kimber kit ... the whole slide moved back ... like the pistol normally does. On this kit ... the slide is almost like it is in parts ... only part of it moves back, the top rail and portion around the barrel stay put. Strange how it works but cool at the same time. It is hard to explain.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest VolGrad

I finally got to the range with the new kit. My very first shot from around 10 yrds was dead center of the bull. I ran two mags of Remington Golden Bullet bulk ammo of it with ZERO malfunctions and all were groups within about 3 inches, not too bad since I wasn't really taking my time. I was shooting pretty quick.

I ran several different kinds of ammo through it and only had a couple of malfunctions. I probably shot 200 rounds through it. I was knocking down pie plates @ 50 yrds without too much effort.

I highly recommend this kit.

Guest Halfpint

Thanks dude, definitely on my list . . . after the AR builds, the M40 build, the SBS . . . yeah, it will be probably '10 before I wind up with one. :D Thanks for the range report, though!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VolGrad

I was in Coal Creek Armory this morning and saw they have these kits and extra mags in stock. The kits they have actually have the tac rail on top (mine does not). I think they had fiber optic sights too.