This season, I'm most thankful for...

Guest Bronker

Guest Bronker

This is no novel idea, but I thought it would do me good to consider the things that I am thankful for. I'll start. Maybe others will chime in.

In no particular order...

--I'm thankful for Christ Jesus, who came to earth to die for my sins, so that the wage of sin could be paid on my behalf. Death has no grip on me. I don't know or care what my future holds, as I know Who holds my future. And God's people said, Amen.

--I'm thankful for my family. God has blessed me with a large, extended close-knit family. He placed a woman in my life whom I adore, and who is my best friend. She has blessed me with two beautiful children. One born of her womb, and one of her heart. They are all beautiful, happy, and healthy. That's all I can ever ask for.

--I'm thankful that I live in a free country, where good men and women paid the ultimate price for my freedom. I am ever aware of the American Warrior who did serve, sacrifice, and continue on my behalf. Carry on. God bless you Patriots.

--I'm careful every day to thank God for the blessings in my life. I take times like this to hold my family close, to take stock of the things God has blessed me with. I have lots to think about, but nothing to worry about.

I would invite each of us, especially in light of today's events with David (Tungsten) to take stock. Take a quiet moment on Thursday to take a cleansing breath in body and spirit.

Take perspective.

Prioritize.

Give thanks.

And carry on...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Bronker. A departure from your usual posts, many of which make me ROFL :rofl:

Seriously, very eloquent and well put. It would behoove all of us to slow down for a minute, look around, and consider millions of others much less fortunate.

I am guilty as the next guy to whine, bitch, complain, and bellyache about things that...in the big picture...don't amount to a hill of beans when compared to the troubles of others.

As you said "prioritize". Concern yourself with things that really matter.

Thanks Bronker.

And Tungsten, again, my condolences and God bless you and your family.

+1 Bonker.

I am Thankful for all I am blessed with,My wife has MS and it has been a rough couple of weeks for us.We afford good insurance that is a blessing ,and have a son completeing A school in the Navy,he will be home for Christmas.I do really well financially but no amount of money can cure MS, I have asked.

For every 1 problem I have another man has 10.Hopefully I can again this year find that man and help him out of most of his problems.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of Yall.

Thanks first, to you Bronker, for posting this here. All too often I tend to dwell upon my problems and forget about everything God has blessed me with. I didn't think I could have children, then at 36 years old, I gave birth to my son, Cameron. My pregnancy was a difficult one, and at 6 months I went into the hospital with complications. I'll never forget the horrible fear I experienced during that hospital stay. All my adult life, all I ever wanted was a child. I prayed to God countless times for many years to give me a child, especially a son. I was so scared that I would lose my baby, and afraid that I would never be able to get pregnant again if I did, especially at my age. God answered my prayers and I was able to carry my son full term and I'm now a proud mommy of a beautiful 3 year old baby boy. I thank God every day for him. He is my life and my greatest accomplishment. Ever since I found out about David and his wife Sandy's tragic loss, all I can think about is how wonderfully blessed I truly am. Then I think about how absolutely devastated and heartbroken David and Sandy must be. I can't think about it and not cry. Life is so fragile, and so uncertain. All we can do is trust in God and know that He is in control, and everything that happens is part of His master plan.

Great post Bronker.

I too am thankful for those reasons you mentioned, except I have 4 kids.

I am thankful for my health and my job, a career that I have searched for, for many years, was unhappy for most of those years. I beleive I have found what I was suppose to do.

Regretfully most only consider this around the Holidays...but, it should be an all day everyday recognition, which I am guilty of myself....

1. Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour

2. My Family

3. My Church

4. My Freedom

5. My Job (sometimes)

6. My Home and "little" things...the older I get the more I realize how unimportant "things" are...

Great thread.

For me, besides what you have mentioned... what stands out most right now is my family's health. Particularly my oldest son's health.

He got diagnosed with TYPE I Diabetes Oct 1st and spent 3 days in ICU. So I'm thankful for the doctors, Vandy Children's hospital, the Juvenile Diabetes Clinic at Vandy (Which ROCKS!), and those other TYPE I parents who found out about us and though didn't even know us, found ways to contact us and let us know we weren't alone in this.

My son when asked at a Junior youth group devo what he was thankful for, he paused and said... "Insulin... and my family, but mostly Insulin right now." And then smiled at me.

We've had a rough year... but we're together, we're reasonably healthy, and looking at life differently after all this.

Have a Great Thanksgiving guys.

Guest Bronker
+1 Bonker.

I am Thankful for all I am blessed with,My wife has MS and it has been a rough couple of weeks for us.We afford good insurance that is a blessing ,and have a son completeing A school in the Navy,he will be home for Christmas.I do really well financially but no amount of money can cure MS, I have asked.

For every 1 problem I have another man has 10.Hopefully I can again this year find that man and help him out of most of his problems.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of Yall.

Just an aside, cjr, my wife too has MS. I have never felt more helpless in my life than when she was diagnosed. Realizing that there were things beyond my control was a great lesson in faith. I've grown closer to Jesus for sure. And thank your son for his service to our country.

Guest superdrew4000

Mostly importantly, I'm thankfull to be living in America. It may not be perfect, and it may/will get alot worse, but it's still the best damn country on the planet.

Secondly, I'm thankful for my lovely wife. On a good day I barely know what my belly button is for, and she still puts up with me. We're expecting our first child in March of 09 after a difficult miscarriage earlier this year. I thank God ON MY HANDS AND KNEES every day for the so far perfect health of our unborn child.

Thirdly, I'm thankful to be home with my family in Maryland as I write this... my mother baked fresh, and by fresh I mean handpicked cherries and homemade piecrust, pies this morning. Ooooh yeah!

Fourthly, I thank God that I am able to earn my pay by the sweat of my brow and still bring home a paycheck that has allowed us to have our first home this year, and a humble, but warm Thanksgiving and Christmas. Also, I get to buy some guns this Spring.

God Bless you all and your families this season,

Andrew Kamp.

I thank God I'm not a turkey!

All kidding aside - I have an eternal hope, a wonderful woman to call my wife, family, friends, health, happiness, and I live in the greatest place this side of heaven.

Let us not forget to count our blessings!

Guest RISC777

1. God.

2. Wife of 20 years. She puts up with me.

3. My boys. They attempt to keep some understanding towards me at times. lol

4. My family's health; we have a roof, clothes, etc.; wife and I have jobs.

5. That I'm an American.

6. That I lived to be older than 21, which surprised me.

I'm thankful for...........

My beautiful, intelligent, loving, understanding wife. Without her, I would be lost.

My friends...I have few, but those that I do have are better than gold.

My family, because they didn't sell me when I was a young idiotic kid.

My dogs, because until Kimber (my wife) and I can conceive a two legged version, they are our kids.

My Country, My Corps, My truck My guns....

And most importantly, at least this year, is that Kimber and I are actually celebrating the hollidays together in THIS country that we both love soooooo much. Last year we didn't have that option.

Guest canynracer

I give my thanks to the soldiers that are giving their all every day and night to protect our freedoms.

I am thankful for my family, they are incredible, they are my backbone.

I am thankful that god has placed me on the road I am on.

I am thankful that the place in life god has chosen for me, is one of comfort and not need.

I am thankful for the friendships I have found here on TGO.

I am thankful that I live in the greatest country on earth.

I am thankful for the men and women that put it all, including their life on the line to uphold the law.

I am thankful for the brave men and women that run towards the fire when others run away.

I am thankful for bravery.

I am thankful for so much, I just cant seem to put my head around it, but I know it the SECOND I open my eyes in the morning and look at the beautiful woman laying next to me, the beautiful day, and scenery that god has provided.

I am thankful.

I'm thanksful for all the blessings of life, no matter how small they may seem. My life is full of miracles, my wife was burned when she was 3 or so, drs. told her she could have no children due to the scaring, I have 2 wonderful children, my son was given up to die 12 hrs after he was born due to being a premie (in 79 it was almost a death sentance) the 5th of Nov he celabrated his 29th birthday, he has cp but makes me proud that he has never given up. My daughter is 27. She has 2 wonderful grand children, 1 of which was born at 6 months, weighing in at a whopping 1lb 5.5 oz. she spent 3 months in the hospital and today is 8 years old and a joy to have in my life.

I'm thankful for every person that God has chosen to allow me to meet and count as friends and family.

I'm thankful that I too live in the United States of America, still the greatest nation on the planet, even with all our flaws.

I'm thankful that some way all my bills seem to get paid. I'm self employed and it seems the right job comes along at the right time to allow me to keep things together.

I'm thankful that I still have my mom and dad, even if I don't always call them when I should. This I have to change.

And I'm thankful that God is a mercyful God and has forgiven me of all my sins and mistakes.