West Towne Mall

It's nice to see some people still use search lol. As far as being improperly posted please no one inform them I like being able to carry there without breaking the law I was carrying the lcr there today

heh.. No worries about that. I wasn't gonna say a WORD! I'm just glad they aren't posted correctly since I still occasionally have to hit up mall stores and the one closest to the house has freakin' signs posted as you enter the parking lot so I can't even drive into the lot, much less go inside. :/

Psst.. OS.. I'm not a 'He' .. although since it they no longer have the little pink/blue silhouettes under our names I guess I'll let you get away with it... this time. :up:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had to go to west town for the apple store for tax free weekend. i went through sears and didn't see any, which is why i go through those stores instead of main entrances. not even sure if the main entrances are posted. either way they won't know if i have it unless i need it and even then it won't matter... CARRY ON

Psst.. OS.. I'm not a 'He' .. although since it they no longer have the little pink/blue silhouettes under our names I guess I'll let you get away with it... this time. :P

Mea culpa all over the place there, Ms SamZzz. :up:

- OS

ALL Simon properties have a ridiculously-all-encompassing rules/code-of-conduct sign posted at all mall entrances (no signage at the anchor stores) that includes the aforementioned verbiage about prohibiting weapons of any kind. The sign is not T.C.A.-compliant. My wife works at East Tow...err...Knoxville Center, and I have to walk right past the sign every time I go meet her for dinner. Now, how many times do you think I've set foot in THAT place without being armed? :)

Guest RevScottie
FYI: The "posting" at West Town Mall is a line on the big blue & white sign on the wall as you walk in the door entitled "CODE OF CONDUCT". Item #6 of 15 states "No weapons, including but not limited to firearms, knives, or any other object(s) that may be used in any way to inflict bodily injury on another person."..

Leaves ALOT open to interpretation there..

I have seen West Towne mall security hassle a teenager because the teen had a wallet with an attached chain. Security told him it was a prohibited item because the chain was considered a weapon. :)

if anyone happens to be down there, try to get a picture of the posting.

really a wallet chain?

If I had time I would go get a logging chain and attach to my wallet and see what they would have to say about that.

Anything can be a weapon if used as a weapon. A water balloon can be dangerous for Pete's sake.

Well it really doesn't matter if a wallet chain is a weapon or not....a private property owner or his representative can tell you to leave the property for ANY reason.

That is true, but you have to admit, most people that would be a none issue, I am sure they just used that chain to hassle the kid for whatever reason they wanted. Maybe they picked the kid out based on how he/she was dressed

You have to wonder what most of these places think

True....I think they think....that most people (sheeple) are "uncomfortable" around firearms and don't want people to feel that way. Because logically....it makes no sense at all.

That is true, but you have to admit, most people that would be a none issue, I am sure they just used that chain to hassle the kid for whatever reason they wanted. Maybe they picked the kid out based on how he/she was dressed

I completely agree....

Guest RevScottie

I completely agree....

I think the mall security guy definitely picked on the kid because he was dressed in a Goth/Emo manner. My wife and I both joked at the time that we bet not one word would have been said if it had been me dressed in jeans, motorcycle boots, a black Harley shirt and a wallet with a chain :D

I actually struck up a conversation with the teen and let him know that not all adults were idiots like the mall security guy.

I think I am going to get me a wallet with a chain, those used to be very common. In fact I have an old one that was given to me by an uncle some place. Use Goth have adapted and added to their dress, it fits for them.

But serious, I bet I could dress nice and have a nice wallet chain could walk around that mall all day and not one person would say a word to me about it.

Guest Hillbilly Dan

Seems to me that the less said the better. Why would you want someone to see that you carry? If they do not post then please do not draw that to their attention. The less attention drawn to those of us who carry, then the better. Be quite. You learn more that way.

Seems to me that the less said the better. Why would you want someone to see that you carry? If they do not post then please do not draw that to their attention. The less attention drawn to those of us who carry, then the better. Be quite. You learn more that way.

Yup, that is why is is preferred to CC, even though with HCP OC is allowed. One should never draw attention. Just like they say in one, never draw enemy fire.

BTW my permit did not show up today either.