M&P 180021 vs 10108

MWD9557

My EDC has been the S&W M&P Shield 9mm #180021 and I have no complaints with it.  I absolutely love it as a matter of fact. I recently purchased the Ported Performance Center version #10108 and even though I find the differences suttle, I actually do like it even moreso. The ports actually help with the recoil a bit.  The enhanced trigger is smoother and gives less fatigue after shooting  many rounds.  The best feature are the sites.  For me it's much easier to focus, day and night. The combination of the back red sites and green front site I think also helps with the eyes. 

Overall the 100 dollar price difference is worth it to me, to some though the price difference may not be worth it being the differences are suttle. If you are a pro with the Shield already, you may prefer the lower cost standard Shield.  But if you are not a pro, don't mind the price difference, or just like a gun that I think looks cooler, then the Performance Center ported version is best.  Heck, not saying though a pro wouldn't want it, too!

Again, based on my opinion and likes!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, walthermitty said:

Are you going to change your EDC?  What do you think about EDC, at night, with the ported Shield's flash?

I haven't shot it in the dark.  Just day light outside. and inside a range. 

Outside I didn't really notice.  Inside the the range I did notice the flash more, but nothing that made a difference for me. 

I like the ports because it has a tad bit less recoil then without. 

My EDC will be both. Depending on my mood is all. 

Edited by MWD9557
Added EDC comment
1 hour ago, MWD9557 said:

I can't seem to get it posted here. Too large I guess. 

If your using a smartphone for pics then e-mail the pics to yourself. It should prompt you to pick a pic size mode. Pick either small or medium then upload them to your pic account. Those will then easily transfer to TGO. Or you can just post a link and not change anything you've already done. I know I simplified the whole process but tech talk gets old. BTW nice selection for a carry gun, congrats.

17 minutes ago, TNWNGR said:

If your using a smartphone for pics then e-mail the pics to yourself. It should prompt you to pick a pic size mode. Pick either small or medium then upload them to your pic account. Those will then easily transfer to TGO.

I tried that and even tried resizing, but won't take. Yes, a phone I use. 

Thanks for sharing!  I am in the exact same boat, just haven't bought the PC gun yet.  I am a little different on the sights, as I don't like the red/green sights.  That was the only thing holding me back.  Now, Smith announces the PC Shield with night sights! Hot diggity!  

As for photos, try Photobucket.com for hosting.  A little clunky, but it works.

I wish I could get away with holsters like that.  I have what doctors like to call "a little bit of a weight problem" and exposed sights dig into my jelly roll sumthin' fierce.  My holsters have to completely cover the inside face of the gun. :/

Edited by musicman
6 minutes ago, musicman said:

I wish I coukd get away with holsters like that.  I have what doctors like to call "a little bit of a weight problem" and exposed sights dig into my jelly roll sumthin' fierce.  My holsters have to completely cover the inside face of the gun. :/

Even though I don't have that problem I prefer in the pocket. Butts still stick me in the side. 

And I can not use an inside waistband conceal carry belt holster because I have a back problem.

And I can always use the shorter 7 round mag that also come with these handguns which does help with the jab in the side issue, just not as good to use though being too short for a good solid grip. 

Edited by MWD9557
Spell Check. Lol

.... another thing I noticed when taking out of the box and removing from the protected plastic sleeve was that the PC model the outside of the slide was nicely oiled lightly where as with the standard it was not.  They were both new in the box.  I do not know if this is only done with the PC version or if S&W just started this. Either way, that was nice to see!

Edited by MWD9557
added info