PK380 problems and Walther customer service

So about 2 years ago I bought a PK380 for my wife. It was everything she liked in a gun. Hammer fired, manual safety and comfortable to operate with minimal recoil in a still useful caliber. We started experiencing bad barrel wear(common on these guns) and sent it back to Walther. It came back in worse shape. So We sent it backa  few more times and just kept getting let down by the returned gun. 

After about 5 times returning it they finally they sent us a new gun. Unfortunately the new gun had a longer reach to the trigger and it was a VERY harsh trigger.(it hurt your finger when it finally broke, very much the opposite of the gun we initially bought)

I wrote Glen Sieter at Walther customer service and expressed my EXTREME displeasure with the situation.

He apologized and I now have a PPK/S on the way :)

Seems like you've some tough times with your Walther. But in the end it sounds like you got excellent customer service. I had an issue early-on with my P22 but Walther had me send it in, shipping prepaid, and in about 2 weeks I got it back and the issue was corrected. Good Team!

In the end they made it right, I will agree, HOWEVER during the whole ordeal noone seemed very helpful, motivated, or competent. The only two people that seemed to be of much help were Glenn Sieter and Casey Craig(gun repair tech).I had to more or less throw a fit to make progress at each step.

In anycase I am SUPER excited for the PPK/S to arrive. That gun is for me. Now I need to find a gun for the wife again. I think we will end up with a Colt Mustang, Kimber Micro or a Sig 238.

I am nervous about Sig though as Clarksville Guns and Archery showed me a catastrophically failed Sig 238 that Sig wont replace...... 

I'm glad you have a satisfactory resolution to your warranty problem and hope that you are satisfied with the PPK/s. While its not one of my favorite pistols it is decidedly iconic and a lot of other people love it to pieces. I hope that you'll be one of the ones who love it and take pride in its ownership.

On 6/2/2016 at 3:15 PM, espacef1fan said:

PPS M2 showed up. So it's going back to Walther. Now I have to wait another week. Again. Should have bought a hipoint ?

Personally, I would have kept the PPS M2, but JMHO

2 hours ago, espacef1fan said:

Nah. My Tauraus pt111 g2 is the same size and holds more rounds. Would have been a duplicate gun

Agree on the size & capacity, can't agree on a duplicate. To each his own tho, LOL. I've had my taste set for the PPS M 2 for a while. As soon as I can gather the funds, it'll be in my hand. Unfortunately, it's gonna be a while. Hate it when that happens.:cry:

• Like 1
Agree on the size & capacity, can't agree on a duplicate. To each his own tho, LOL. I've had my taste set for the PPS M 2 for a while. As soon as I can gather the funds, it'll be in my hand. Unfortunately, it's gonna be a while. Hate it when that happens.:cry:

The tauras has been flawlessly reluable for 1000rds. I'm accurate with it and it feels good in the hand. The PPS to me would be a smaller capacity pistol doing the same job of medium size carry

2 minutes ago, espacef1fan said:

The tauras has been flawlessly reluable for 1000rds. I'm accurate with it and it feels good in the hand. The PPS to me would be a smaller capacity pistol doing the same job of medium size carry

I had a Taurus PT709 slim, good little gun, shot well, accurate for it's size, etc, sold it a few weeks ago. But the PPS just kinda reached out & grabbed me by the shirt collar & would not let go, LOL.  Anyway, good luck with your venture, the PPK is a great gun as well.

BTW, did I mention I'm a big Walther fan, LOL