Woohoo!!! It finally came.

5 weeks and 1 day from the date of fingerprinting. Expiration date says 5-18-11 so I'm assuming its been done for a while though.

I would have posted this earlier since I got it about 11am but I've been running errands all day and I was packing the whole time. Contrary to what most people say I didn't feel weird about it at all, as in I didn't think people were staring at me all the time, It just felt natural. To be honest I was more worried about the gun being loaded with a round chambered than I was about people seeing me printing, but after about an hour I forgot all about it.

I'll shut up now, in conclusion it was a great day.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on finally getting it. That feeling you had was the same one I had. Though I did think about a few people "just knowing" that I was carrying. Now it is second nature and the only thing I give a thought to is, "I hope I don't have to use it."

Congrats, just remember, let's be safe out there.

Same here. What are you interested in?

Same kind of thing you are, a nice IWB. I have my XD in a cheap-o Uncle Mikes IWB right now, its been on for about 8 1/2 hours today and is comfortable enough but I want something with higher quality.

2 things,

1st, for your Xd, unless you just have to have IWB, try the bianchi 82 carry lock. I ues it all the time, pulls up nice and tight so a slightly oversized shirt would cover nicely.

2nd, not sure of how but was reading the paper today and it seems Rep. Bell is push for a bill next session to make handgun info (carry info like the Tennesseean posted) "private". :up:

Guest Boomhower

Well feel free to jump in my thread with any info.....I'm still puzzled at this point....and I've read about all I can find on these types....would just like some real experiences...

Well feel free to jump in my thread with any info.....I'm still puzzled at this point....and I've read about all I can find on these types....would just like some real experiences...

The 82 is a through the belt type with auto retention, I wear one all the time climbing around in attics ETC. Being a belt type it pulls up nice.

I for one don't like the holster that came with my Xd, the way the slots are cut it just hangs out there for anyone to see and catch on everything. I bought a kydex paddle holster and it did the same.

I guess over all I have come to like the Bianchi holster so much that when I buy a new gun that I might end up carrying I go ahead and get a holster to fit it.

Hope this helps.

The 82 is a through the belt type with auto retention, I wear one all the time climbing around in attics ETC. Being a belt type it pulls up nice.

How high up does the gun sit? Do you have a picture for reference?

The reason that IWB works best for me is that I have short legs and a long torso, 6'1" but a 30" inseam. I can either go out and buy a bunch of shirts for tall guys or I can just use an IWB, but if the gun rides high enough on an OWB I could see that as being an option as well.

Guest Phantom6

Branket and Boom, it's the holster I carry my XD in. You've seen me wear it numerous times. Hugs tight (even with my "love rests") and rides high on the hip. It looks like this-

bianchi_mod82.jpg

I was wearing it under my polo shirt when we shot up at Towerclimber "Just 5 min." 37's place. Sorry Boomhower they don't make 'em specifically for the S&W Sigma series pistols. They do make 'em for the G19 which is I believe the same size as your SW9VE Sigma. See if you can find one in a shop and try it out.

Sorry, had to throw that "Just 5 min." in there. :up:

BTW Branket congrats to you and dkd83 on receipt of y'all's permits. :up:

Guest Boomhower
Branket and Boom, it's the holster I carry my XD in. You've seen me wear it numerous times. Hugs tight (even with my "love rests") and rides high on the hip. It looks like this-

bianchi_mod82.jpg

I was wearing it under my polo shirt when we shot up at Towerclimber "Just 5 min." 37's place. Sorry Boomhower they don't make 'em specifically for the S&W Sigma series pistols. They do make 'em for the G19 which is I believe the same size as your SW9VE Sigma. See if you can find one in a shop and try it out.[/quote]

Yeah, I remember yours. I got a good look at it up at the watershed. I do like the Bianchi's, but I'd prefer an IWB......and I'm looking for the couger. The Sigma will be a good one stashed around the house.:up:

See if you can find one in a shop and try it out.

Any idea where I can find one locally? I'm going to be moving next Friday and I don't want to order anything online only to have it shipped after I move. Maybe if I can find one online that is actually in stock I could have it sent over night or 2 day for a little extra. I'm not adverse to an OWB holster In fact I would like to have a nice one of each.

Guest Boomhower

Here's some dealer info from Bianchi's website.

KAY UNIFORMS #2

KNOXVILLE, TN

865-522-3361

CRAIGS FIREARM SUPPLY

KNOXVILLE, TN

423-573-4567

MTCM ENTERPRISES INC

KNOXVILLE, TN

865-588-5945

I don't know where any of these places are at, but it would be a good place to start.

Guest Phantom6
Any idea where I can find one locally? I'm going to be moving next Friday and I don't want to order anything online only to have it shipped after I move. Maybe if I can find one online that is actually in stock I could have it sent over night or 2 day for a little extra. I'm not adverse to an OWB holster In fact I would like to have a nice one of each.

Call Trevor over at Greene's Military on Kingston Pike near the U-Haul office. The number is 865-588-5945 ext 3. They are the least expensive place of all the shops in K-town or the surrounding area for this item and believe me I called them all. Tell Trevor I sent you. If they don't have the correct one for your pistol in stock they can get it in a day or so. He'll call you when it comes in and you can run over and pick it up. No muss- no fuss.