Happy Christmas, Merry Birthday

Guest gcrookston

Guest gcrookston

Yesterday my wife confessed she didn't know what to get me for Christmas (again), or my birthday (again), just go buy you another gun or two..."

A couple of junky ol' POS from HeroGear.... Happy birthday, Merry Christmas... I bought that 29 a few weeks ago and the Expert this past week...

Hope she likes the Coach bag I got her....

DSC00161.jpg

Edited by gcrookston
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston
o0 what model is that 44 mag? that is sweet.

Nothing Special, a 29-3, however the 4" Nickel does make it worth a trade for an earlier blued gun. I'm partial to the pinned and recessed guns myself (2's and earlier)

Guest gcrookston

when I got married 8 years ago and the kids and she were moving into my house and finding guns, parts of guns and bits of guns in every nook and cranny of my home she asked me "how many guns do you own"? I replied, "how many shoes do you have"?...

My wedding present were three gunsafes she bought from Kay Clark and her husband Jerry Miculik delivered and installed them.

When I lost my job in 2004 and she became ill and we had no health insurance, she helped me sell some 200+ guns on gunbroker and at gunshows. She's never questioned my gun buying ability or liquidation skills, she saw my ledger, and noted many of them went for 200 or 300% of investment. I've shown her they were a very liquid investment and this, to date, has never been an issue with her (though I have a collection in Ky I'm acquiring next month of some 70 guns I've not quite figured out to hour justify yet, other than I'll be selling some 40 of them that should cover all the costs).

I very rarely buy new and don't, as a rule. Preferring to hunt for deals, though in the last year I've bought 4 new guns (all from HeroGear, I think this brings my total of new gun purchases up to 8 or 9 in my lifetime). I think I can get out of them for what I'm in them.

These two, like most others, were used. In these trying economic times the only sure investments are Firearms, Ammunitions and canned goods... I can get out of either of these guns for what I'm in them, one of the great things about dealing with Heargear. The 29 needed some work and I think I can get out of it for a marginal profit, need I.

I don't think Joe or Dan at HeroGear will recognize this 29 as one they sold. It's newly polished, it's been shimmed and tighened and has new grips.

The Expert, on the other hand, is the gun I almost bought when I bought my tactical back 10 years ago. The Tactical was $825., The Expert was $1,025 and the match was $1,795.... how times have changed. I had bought a Mk23 and found it undesirable. Wanting to be tacticool, I sold it for the USP Tactical (funny, the Navy SEALs did the same thing), but I regretted not getting the Expert, as who needs a threaded barrel?

Edited by gcrookston

Well, most have seen my threads about Christmas/ Birthday/ Anniversary. The deal is done, thnks so very much to the folks at Guns and Leather. The Remington 870 is sooo sweeeet, and the Ruger P90 was delivered last Friday.

Man ya gotta love the sweet ladies huh?