Phokus Research Group- Sons Trauma Kits

A new piece of kit for your consideration, it's a trauma kit sized to fit behind body armor.  I haven't seen one in person, but the premise looks sound.  I can especially see it as a great product for those wearing low-vis setups, or other armor that isn't meant to draw too much attention (LEO's).  As long as the arnor keeps the pouch from being damaged, I think it would work.  There are different sizes and setups, which also seem to be a natural fit for the laptop or hydration pouch of a standard size bag, and the area where you can store things in the door of a vehicle.  In all, I like the concept for it's different train of thought.

http://phokusresearch.com/phokus-products/sons-trauma-kit/

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching these for a while but always seemed like the premise was a bit off. In the sense of it seems like you're putting the items at a greater risk of being punctured or damaged by being behind armor. I have some people say though they liked them because they couldn't be blown off like other ifaks in case of an IED blast.   What I really like though is your idea of putting one in a the water bladder pocket of a bag. 

9 minutes ago, gjohnsoniv said:

I've been watching these for a while but always seemed like the premise was a bit off. In the sense of it seems like you're putting the items at a greater risk of being punctured or damaged by being behind armor. I have some people say though they liked them because they couldn't be blown off like other ifaks in case of an IED blast.   What I really like though is your idea of putting one in a the water bladder pocket of a bag. 

Id like to think that if the armor is worth the price, it will be okay.  Anywhere you put your first aid, it's got a chance of taking damage, it is what it is.   For our needs here in the US, I'd say that the chances are vastly diminished in analysis of the threats.  Having felt the annoyance of being a big guy with a plethora of gear- especially in vehicles- anything that streamlines how it's worn has my attention.

Also worth mentioning, is the difference between self and buddy applied first aid.  This looks like a product with the later in mind.

Certainly don't disagree with that assessment, just stating what my initial snap judgement was of them.   While we're on medical supplies, not to derail the thread,  I carry a similar deal from Chinook Medical and keep others in my various bags. The Dark is another thing that's been on my list of things to get but I'm waiting until everything expires first.