Chattanooga shoot

Guest mc30707

Is Nov 16th good for you?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nov 16th good for you?

• Yes
    • No

i believe this got of topic a little bit someone needs to organise a chattanooga shoot i for one would like to meet some like minded people in this area .

Looks like the Chattanooga area has a volunteer to arrange the next shoot.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY
i believe this got of topic a little bit someone needs to organise a chattanooga shoot i for one would like to meet some like minded people in this area .

I should have my AR assembled next month. Once that happens, I'll definitely be in need of a good range trip to get it shooting right and broken in in style.

:D

Same here but i do go to PC quite often to play with all my toys lol

What is it like now-a-days up there? I havent been there in 7 yrs, it used to be too crowded on weekends and i mainly went on monday am and stayed late! But i have read many comments on this board that there are a lot of careless people shooting up there in the last few yrs????

Are the target boards and tables etc. still being kept up? I really need to test and sight in a lot of guns that i bought recently and just dont know where to start!

One place i also went to sometimes, also been 7 yrs. was on the Ocoee about 2 miles past where the Olympics were held, there was a sign on the main road pointing to a rifle range, which was on a side road and there was a 100 yard range as well as a pistol range and 3 or 4 bench tables, all you had to do was drop $3.00 in the box, usually nobody there except on weekends! It was always best to bring you own target stands, i dont know if it is still there or not, but i am trying to find out if it is still there!

Any info on that is appreciated greatly, since i need to find a safe nice place, which hopefully is not to crowded!

Thanks

Looks like the Chattanooga area has a volunteer to arrange the next shoot.

Ill second that!

So since you have so gracefully stepped up to the plate,where and when shall we go?

Guest GUTTERbOY

I think PC would be a good venue for this shoot. It's free and convenient for most of us. Carter's is cool if you can deal with the lack of ventilation. CHRPC is cool if we have a member to sponsor us and if you can deal with the drive. But PC is free, and I know last time we shot at CHRPS cadillacdude bowed out due to not wanting to drive to Cleveland.

Besides, I need to check zero on my Bambi rifle even if I don't have my AR before anything gets arranged.

As usual, evenings and weekends are the only times I'm available.

Guest abailey362

well i'm out of town all this week and next. i will be home ...hopefully.. over the weekend and am planning on shooting idpa at cleveland saturday morning. maybe we can get something hammered out.

PC is not too bad during the week, when its open that is. and usually you do run across some dumbass that don"t know anything about gun safty, let alone range etiquette

One place i also went to sometimes, also been 7 yrs. was on the Ocoee about 2 miles past where the Olympics were held,

the Cherokee ranges are closed, I was told last year or so. mainly due b/c people keep trashing the range... again, thats what I was told.

I've never been to the cleveland range. but dont have a problem with drive, it just depends on my work schedule if I'll be able to go.

It would be great to get something organized and make it happen as I am kinda new to shooting myself. Hope to see a date setup preferably weekend. If I can be of any help in organization send me a PM. Also anyone know where you can shoot a shotgun around here besides just private property?

I just wondered if i might have to bring a porta-potty, since i saw a review of PC by some dude named mousegunner shooting there, had pictures and gave a great review, but stated their was no toilet there, so bring a roll of tissue and find a tree! Thanks.:cool:

Guest GUTTERbOY
It would be great to get something organized and make it happen as I am kinda new to shooting myself. Hope to see a date setup preferably weekend. If I can be of any help in organization send me a PM. Also anyone know where you can shoot a shotgun around here besides just private property?

If you're wanting to bust clays, there's a place up on Montlake Mountain whose name I forget. There's also some kind of sportsman's club near my place on Boy Scout Rd that I think does clays as well... at least judging by the gunfire I hear coming from that direction on a regular basis.

The place on Montlake Mtn is called....Montlake,imagine that.They have trap,skeet and sporting clays.They are open to the public.If you are a member at Cleveland they have skeet up there as well.The place on Boy Scout is called Highland Sprotsmans club.It is private and I don't know much about it.

So are we ever gonna find a date to meet up? Whats a good weekend for everyone coming up in the Chattanooga area? Should we elect someone to be the head organizer who can get it set in stone on the website? I would like to see this happen. Lets here some input from you guys and see what date,place,etc. we can make it.