Wife took my .45!!!

My wife finally signed up for her HCP class to be held on the 10th of January. She is a self proclaimed "country girl" with a .22 rifle or a Red Ryder but has little experience with handguns. She has been shooting with me once before but did not care for my Para Warthog a bit!

She wanted to go to the range today to try a couple of pistols to see what she wanted to use for the HCP class. We started with the classic Ruger 22/45 in .22 caliber. She took to it quickly. After 50 rounds, we pulled out the Kel Tec P11. After two rounds of loooong trigger pull, she put it down and said, "I don't like the long trigger pull!" (Spoiled quickly by the SA trigger on the Ruger.) I asked her if she wanted to try my new XD 45 Compact and she declined by saying it was too big. I told her that our 10 year old shot it on Monday when I took him to the range and she agreed to try it. (I figured after two rounds, she would be back to the Ruger.)

Noooooooooo...... She dumped the 13 round magazine like it was nothing and asked me to show her how to reload it! After finishing all of the 150 rounds I had brought for me to shoot, she said she's going to use it to take the HCP class with. (She did let me put one magazine through it. How generous!) I don't know if I'll get it back now!

There's something about a woman that likes to shoot a .45! I'm calling her my "Tomb Raider" now.

Edited by jay1313g
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, that's what you get. I don't let my wife drive my truck, and she very rarely shoots my guns. She needed to start shootin more, so I bought her an XD9 sc for Christmas. Now, since she doesn't have a permit yet, guess who gets to carry it...:D

My question is what range was open today. I have been bored all day and called like 4 different ranges in memphis and surronding, and no one was open. im just a we bit jealous.:D

I've tried to get my wife to take her class for a year and she kept putting it off but saying she would go "one day". Last month, she came in after a dinner with the girls from her work (Mother's day out teacher at a church.) and told me she wanted to go to the "Women only" class at Range USA on the 10th. Some of the other women that work with her had signed up for that class and it gave her the motivation to go. (I signed her up the next day before she could change her mind.) She's asking a lot of questions now and I'm digging it!

Guest Bronker
My wife finally signed up for her HCP class to be held on the 10th of January. She is a self proclaimed "country girl" with a .22 rifle or a Red Ryder but has little experience with handguns. She has been shooting with me once before but did not care for my Para Warthog a bit!

She wanted to go to the range today to try a couple of pistols to see what she wanted to use for the HCP class. We started with the classic Ruger 22/45 in .22 caliber. She took to it quickly. After 50 rounds, we pulled out the Kel Tec P11. After two rounds of loooong trigger pull, she put it down and said, "I don't like the long trigger pull!" (Spoiled quickly by the SA trigger on the Ruger.) I asked her if she wanted to try my new XD 45 Compact and she declined by saying it was too big. I told her that our 10 year old shot it on Monday when I took him to the range and she agreed to try it. (I figured after two rounds, she would be back to the Ruger.)

Noooooooooo...... She dumped the 13 round magazine like it was nothing and asked me to show her how to reload it! After finishing all of the 150 rounds I had brought for me to shoot, she said she's going to use it to take the HCP class with. (She did let me put one magazine through it. How generous!) I don't know if I'll get it back now!

There's something about a woman that likes to shoot a .45! I'm calling her my "Tomb Raider" now.

I had a similar experience. My wife can shoot my j-frame .38spl all day long, and I can't. She carries a Keltec P3AT daily, and has been able to get past the trigger pull. I can't.

She does not like my XD40 subcompact because of recoil, but loves my XD45 Service. Her description was that the .40 "pops" where the .45 "pushes." That is the most accurate description that I have ever heard!

She likes the compact design of the Keltec, being the only reason she chose it over the .45.

How do you like that P11?

Guns I bought for my wife: S&W Target Masterpiece .38, Taurus .38, CZ-452 youth, 1892 winchester clone in .38, S&W 32 lemon squeezer, and a .38 derringer.

Guns I bought my wife without realizing it: M1 carbine, Colt woodsman, Colt double barrel 12 ga., Broomhandle mauser.

Some guys sneak guns into the house to keep their wife from getting mad, I do it to keep her from snagging my toys.

Edited by Mark@Sea
Guns I bought for my wife: S&W Target Masterpiece .38, Taurus .38, CZ-452 youth, 1892 winchester clone in .38, S&W 32 lemon squeezer, and a .38 derringer.

Guns I bought my wife without realizing it: M1 carbine, Colt woodsman, Colt double barrel 12 ga., Broomhandle mauser.

Some guys sneak guns into the house to keep their wife from getting mad, I do it to keep her from snagging my toys.

Don't forget the Iver Johnson pony that your sis in law snagged before you got your hands in it.:koolaid:

Guest hustle

I would have to pick a husband that isn't into guns. The only thing I have successfully stolen from my husband is a ragged out car and a couple of sweat shirts.

Lame.

Well....one good thing about her snagging your .45.....now you have a great excuse to go get a new one! :devil:

I actually got to see (and shoot) that pony. Great gun! I hit a 2 inch circle at about 15 yards with the first shot.

Sigh....

Well, I've always been a big fan of getting ladies to learn to shoot, and carry. I have several pistols in the cabinet that are there just in case some gal comes over and needs to learn.

So, Hustle, what you need is a dad or grand-dad type you can twist around your little finger and winkle guns from them that way :devil:

I had a similar experience. My wife can shoot my j-frame .38spl all day long, and I can't. She carries a Keltec P3AT daily, and has been able to get past the trigger pull. I can't.

She does not like my XD40 subcompact because of recoil, but loves my XD45 Service. Her description was that the .40 "pops" where the .45 "pushes." That is the most accurate description that I have ever heard!

She likes the compact design of the Keltec, being the only reason she chose it over the .45.

How do you like that P11?

Lets keep this family orentated Bronker,

"Get a room".

HAHA fella,if you have your Lady shooting a .45,she will most likely be a better shot than you before long ( no disrespect) just facts so, you should soon be able to leave the house with the most buetiful woman in town and not have to watch your back.

What is it with the wives and .45 pistols???

For my birthday, I wanted a PA-63..an inexpensive pistol, right?

We go to the gunshop..I walk out with a little 9mm Mak...she walks out with a baby eagle!

my pistol? 170.00 out the door...her pistol? 700.00 out the door..and it's on MY BIRTHDAY!!!

sheesh!

:(

I love the P11 and carry it more than any other gun I have. It does have a long pull but I shoot it very well. I've got a good "feel" for the trigger and can "load" it to just before the break. I let a shooting buddy take it to the range yesterday. He wanted to let his cousin shoot a few different guns before he gets his permit. After firing the XD, he didn't like the P11 because of the long pull. I'd prefer to always have the XD on me but I just can't conceal it like I can the P11. Eleven rounds of 9mm in such a small package that has been 100% reliable for me is hard to beat! To make it even better, I traded a cell phone for the P11!

Edited by jay1313g
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest FortyFive2Life

Same story here. After shooting my .22 rifle for the first time, my wife (who put 17 rounds out of 20 into the very small target at 50 yds) wanted to try my .45. She shoots it better than I do. :lol:

We got her the Hi-Point CF380 shortly after that and it does have a lot less recoil, but she still prefers my .45. We've decided to get her a new 9mm though, so she can handle it a bit better but still have less recoil. Anyone want a new CF380 with 50 rounds through it? :)

My wife likes my HK USP .45 full size better than my XD-40SC or even my brothers Kimber 1911. She's tried 9mm's as well and just likes and shoots the .45 better.

Guest truthsayer
I also have a 45. What can I say, I like big guns...

... and I cannot lie. Them other suckers can't deny. When a perp comes in with a big ol nasty grin and I point one at his face you get sprung...

Sing it to the tune of "Baby Got Back"