Guess I have been gone a long time

ebow2

1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Why do I feel this thread won't end well

giphy.gif

Looks like my boys... 

1 hour ago, ebow2 said:

Oh yeah, got done with court. It was rescheduled again to the 14th. Just wish they would've told me that.

As far as a trade goes, I have been looking into trying to become a butcher. I really like the idea of it. As much as I like to cook I really learn more about different cuts of meat and my best work has always been in the seasoning of the food before the actual cooking, I just haven't had much luck breaking into that here in Nashville. I'm limited to places I can walk to if I have to, and the only grocery store meat department job I can find in that area is Krogers and they only do part time. Plus I'm fat and hairy and built for cold weather, so spending a good chunk of a shift in a freezer isn't an issue for me.

As far as the drinking goes, I really don't do that near as much as I used to, but I am someone who likes to have a couple of beers after work on a regular basis, and some good scotch on special occassions.

What's wrong with part time?  It's a foot in the door. 

... As long its a beer or two at home and not a beer or 9 at the bar. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Part time just isn't enough money. I could try and do that as a second job once I have a vehicle, as far as that goes me and my girlfriend finally got a car, an old beater, then it got totaled 3 days later. Now the insurance company is saying she was at fault even though the guy T-boned her as she was coming out of Papa John's and hit her REAR driver side tire. On good news they dismissed everything in court, so I can finally put that nonsense to bed.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, ebow2 said:

Part time just isn't enough money. I could try and do that as a second job once I have a vehicle, as far as that goes me and my girlfriend finally got a car, an old beater, then it got totaled 3 days later. Now the insurance company is saying she was at fault even though the guy T-boned her as she was coming out of Papa John's and hit her REAR driver side tire. On good news they dismissed everything in court, so I can finally put that nonsense to bed.

If a vehicle pulls out in front of me and I slam into the side of their car, regardless of where I hit them, it's their fault for pulling out in front of me.  I still say that just generally speaking everything you keep writing indicates that you live with a mindset where nothing is the consequence of your own doing and everything can be rationalized as the universe conspiring against you.

Until you realize that actions have consequences, you're going to have a hard time climbing out of the rut that you've found yourself in.  And I hate that for you!  There is a lot about your current circumstance that is completely within your control, and while bettering it won't be easy it will be completely worth it.

I'm rooting for you, but I am dismayed by the undertones in what I keep reading.  I hope you're able to get things squared away.

• Like 5