Anybody have a billet grill on their vehicle?

strickj

I'm getting ready to order a billet grill for my new truck(thanks again Magic:pleased: ) and I see that they have two different types.

One is an actual grill that replaces the OE.

The second is an "insert" that just goes over the OE.

I would like the insert for ease of install,and whatnot,but I'm just wondering if the OM grill will be visible through the insert.

This is the nasty chicken wire type thats on my Trailblazer now

0505_3+2006_Chevrolet_Trailblazer_SS+Front_Drivers_Side_View_Close_Up.jpg

And this is what I'm wanting

1034+1035.JPG

Thats an actual picture of an insert,but you can not really tell if the chicken wire is still visible with the camera angle.

So,does anyone have one of these inserts that can fill me in?

Edited by strickj
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TUNER260

I have a insert the oe grill behind is not that noticable on mine unless you get right up on it. I have to ad the only reason i have an insert is because i worked at a dealership for 4 years and took it of a trade in because dealerships like vehicles stock.

ps. They are both easy to install and both look great so its really up to one you want. when i can get home i will post a pic for you.

There is a billet grill on our Ford van that came with the business. Narrow horizontal bars like your proposal shows. Real PIA for me to get to the secondary hood release as my hands are big and they just won't fit between the grill bars. Be aware.

Guest Jcochran88
To me, the "bolt overs" look cheesy. The stock grilles stand out behind them like a turd in a punch bowl to me. I have always installed the "cut out" style on all of my vehicles.

"Cut out" style in my 2500HD:

100_1108.jpg

+1 cut out style definately looks better.