Ruger P90

Angus

Ok, I have been ranting about getting this gun so much I have almost boiled over. Now I have it, and I love it, but I have some questions and concerns that some of you may be able to help me with.

I have only had it to the range twice. The first time was tons of fte, but Jeff Whale (sp?) and G&L fixed that for me.

Yesterday, I was working on the sights, and got it pretty well centered, but it consistently shoots low. I mean, at 5 yds, it is shooting about 2 inches low. Is there a possible problem with the gun, my stance or my hold? I have really been working on my own physics, and I am dead on with my revolver. This however has created a problem for me. It is a brand new gun. Should I let Jeff take a look at it again, being that a gunsmith may be able to make a quick fix, or should I contact Ruger ( which I am honestly doing right after I post this ).

John

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pjblurton

Typically, shooting low is indicitave of anticipation of recoil...

Yeah, What he said

Edited by pjblurton
Same as above...
Have someone else shoot the gun.If they hit low it is the gun,if they are dead on you are flinching.

Well we all know better than that, it can't be me?

Honestly, I have thought of that, but at 5 yds 25 rounds, they all made a nice group about 2-3 inches low. If I was flinching wouldn't they be all spread out or would it still make a pretty tight group? Honest question, not being a smartass, cuzI truly don't know.

e-mailed Ruger, apparently I am not the only one with this problem. They responded by saying they have had to make higher rear sights for the gun. I just have to give em a call.

I am callin now....well, after they open anyway.

e-mailed Ruger, apparently I am not the only one with this problem. They responded by saying they have had to make higher rear sights for the gun. I just have to give em a call.

I am callin now....well, after they open anyway.

Called em and no problem. "Bill" said it will be about 2 weeks, due to the backup from the holidays and the surge of new gun purchases....woot.

How would you lower the front sight on a P90? There is no adjustment to them.

If it is dovetailed then you push it out an put in a lower front sight.

A easier option that most would take would be to clamp it into a padded vice and file it down just like any other fixed sight firearm.

If it is dovetailed then you push it out an put in a lower front sight.

A easier option that most would take would be to clamp it into a padded vice and file it down just like any other fixed sight firearm.

Exactly what i am doing, only in reverse. They are sending me a higher rear sight. Cool though, since I never thought of the whole filing deal. I don't like the idea of tearing up my new gun, but if it works, it works.