.223 vs 5.56....5.56 vs .223

Guest db99wj

You can use .223 in a 5.56 but not the other way around due to pressure created by the round...correct?

The upper I have ordered is rated 5.56. What about the lower, does that matter if it is 5.56 or .223 or is it "both" or multi caliber?

Thought I understood, but I think I have confused myself:screwy:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lower doesn't matter unless you are talking about .308 or a long action. Then it's a different thing. A normal lower can handle a multitude of caliber's.

Cool, and yes assuming it is not for a larger, or long action.

I've been looking at ammo on line and saw the warning on it and started thinking....thus confusing myself...

Guest bkelm18
Hornady .223 Training Ammo (Lacquered Casing) This stuff is available for $145 for a case of 500 at GT distributors

If you do end up using that, be sure to scrub your chamber real good after each range trip. Wolf got the bad rep mostly back when they used lacquered cases, the lacquer would melt and build up in the chamber and cause the gun to malfunction. They have since switched to polymer coated cases. Not saying the AR is prone to jamming, but it can be fickle sometimes, especially when you get junk in your chamber.

If you do end up using that, be sure to scrub your chamber real good after each range trip. Wolf got the bad rep mostly back when they used lacquered cases, the lacquer would melt and build up in the chamber and cause the gun to malfunction. They have since switched to polymer coated cases. Not saying the AR is prone to jamming, but it can be fickle sometimes, especially when you get junk in your chamber.

Good to know. GT also has speer lawman for $189 for 500.

Man I wish I some more money!!

Guest bkelm18
Good to know. GT also has speer lawman for $189 for 500.

Man I wish I some more money!!

Its ok, we all do! :shhh: But hey, the Big O is at the helm now, our checks are in the mail! :D