Maury County Gun Club

PirateQui

A friend and I had been shooting at OHGC so we are looking for a new place to shoot. We were thinking about joining the Maury County Gun Club. This would allow us to start some clay target shooting which we've never done and MCGC is one of the qualified organizations for the CMP program (at least I believe that's what the CMP website said). All that said, has anyone had any experience there? Would you suggest it for people living in south Nashville (Right on the dge of Brentwood) and My buddy living in Spring Hill. Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest malbolja

I looked into joining there a while back. It's expensive and their hours are limited (you can call ahead and have a RO meet you there, but that's not usually convenient for me). I haven't been there in ~10 years but the facilities looked nice back then.

You know the OH range is still operating, right? Price is the same as before.

I have never considered the Maury county club expensive. The first year its about 100.00 after that I think its 75 per year.

If you are visiting the rifle or pistol there is no additional charge. If you shoot trap or skeet then there is a small charge for clay targets.

If the open on the weekend is a problem all range officers have a key and can go when it works for them, So donate 1 day month and go when you want.

Rashgunner is right about the dues at the MCGC. The rifle and pistol ranges are open at 1:00 Saturday and Sunday. There are three pistol ranges and a 200 yard rifle range with covered concrete firing points. The shotgun side has several trap and skeet fields and a clubhouse. All ranges can be opened during the week with a 48 hour notice. Hope this helps.

The MCGC is a great place to shoot. If you think their fees are high, well, you may want to rethink that.

They hold monthly Highpower Matches and are a CMP qualifed club. So, you can join, shoot there and qualify to purchase a Garand, Carbine or other U.S. military rifle from the CMP.

The members, that I have known, are extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable

Thanks for the compliments.

The Highpower matches at MCGC start Saturday March 7th. The first match is unregistered so everyone can get the bugs worked out. The rest of the matches are NRA approved and will be the first Saturday of each month through October. November is the John C. Garand match. Firing starts at 9:00 am for all matches with registration at 8:30. It costs $20 to shoot the match which includes all NRA fees. The Garand Match is $30 but that includes ammo and lunch.