3 tbsp diced red onion

For Burgers:

1 (12 oz.) can SPAM Classic

12 small slices of cheddar cheese

1 (12 oz.) pkg of Hawaiian sweet rolls, lightly toasted

1 cup prepared guacamole

6 red pickled sliced jalapeno peppers, cut in half

Cooking Directions:

In medium bowl, stir together salsa ingredients and set aside. Slice SPAM Classic into six 1/2-inch thick slices. Cut each slice in half (you will have 12 squares). Lightly grill or fry SPAM squares until lightly browned on both sides. Place one slice of cheese on each piece of SPAM classic. Let cheese begin to melt. Place grilled SPAM Classic on toasted roll bottoms. Top each burger with guacamole, tomato-chipotle salsa and a piece of jalapeno pepper. Makes 12 mini burgers.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston

My father acquired a taste for Spam while serving in the military during WWII. My mother couldn't stand having it in the kitchen. As a kid it was part of every good hunting or camping trip's breakfast menu, either fried or minced up into a hash with potatos.

My wife grimaces every time I grab a can off the grocery store shelf, but it's still a treat for me!

Anyone try the Turkey Spam?

It is pretty good. My wifey cooked up some as she is allergic to pork.

It can be hard to find so I picked up 6 cans last week.

thats a phrase not often heard. I dunno, I would eat it lacking anything else and being really really hungry, other than that YUCK!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)#United_States_and_territories

I used to eat spam when we'd go to the field. eat it cold or heated. We'd also eat it in iraq. like 4 or so of us would just kind be waiting for the next mission or guard duty or something and one of the 4 would call out spam attack so we'd go kill a can or two with mustard and crackers.

including the turkey variety

Edited by Daniel