Which ammo will be microstamped?

Does anyone have a list of the ammo these polititians in all their wisdom want to have microstamped. I read the bill, I think it passed in TN, not sure though. But, I can't seem to find a list of the ammo they want microstamped. It says all handgun and "assault weapon" ammo. I know their definition of an "assault weapon" could be as little as a Cricket .22, but I would like to find a list of calibers they have in mind.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This legislation wasn't "passed" in Tn but it is still active and may be moved on this year or at another time. We still need to be vigilent and actively help fight this garbage in TN and in any other state. It's interesting that the folks pushing this technology are the folks who hold the patents on the process of microstamping to be used. If memory serves me correctly it involved any centerfire rifle or pistol ammo.

mrmoetn

Guest bkelm18
Well, I ain't micro-stamping any of my cast bullets, so naaaahhh!;)

Well, the bullets don't get stamped. The actual stamp would be on your firing pin and would stamp the primer with your unique number each time it is fired.

This is totally a self-serving bill aiding a company with a patent. Thay have no moral "skin" in this. They are taking advantage of idiots who will try to pass this thing thinking they are helping society. Pray this never goes through - anywhere!

If you are not an NRA member, join now!

Guest Astra900
Well, the bullets don't get stamped. The actual stamp would be on your firing pin and would stamp the primer with your unique number each time it is fired.

I had heard before they wanted a code, laser etched on the case and a corresponding number on the bullet. The logistics of this being near undoable, ammo companies would have to stop selling to the public. Which is what they wanted anyway. Not sure, but I think I read that in a Shotgun News a while back.

It's a no brainer in the firing pin ;), for revolvers, don't drop your brass, for autos, if I was doing it, i'd take the pin out, put it in my lathe and stone it smooth. Then I suppose they would pass a new :bs: law to say that it's illegal to do that, huh?

These kind of laws don't scare me, we all know we aren't going to abide by them.

Guest Astra900

The fact that it will either be on the base or around the edge at the base, where you can't get to it unless you pull the bullet.

I believe that's where it would be because the bullet is more rigid there, and less likely to deform that far back.

Guest Mugster
Does anyone have a list of the ammo these polititians in all their wisdom want to have microstamped. I read the bill, I think it passed in TN, not sure though. But, I can't seem to find a list of the ammo they want microstamped. It says all handgun and "assault weapon" ammo. I know their definition of an "assault weapon" could be as little as a Cricket .22, but I would like to find a list of calibers they have in mind.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

None of it will be microstamped. This bill died last year in a committee in the state legislature, if it even got that far. Its a non-issue.