Local gun shop snobs

Guest cdsusong

Guest Archimedes

Ironic that this thread turned into a pissing match between what I assume are two local gun shop....snobs.

But hey....I find that pretty much no one really gives much of a spit anymore.

~archi

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironic that this thread turned into a pissing match between what I assume are two local gun shop....snobs.

But hey....I find that pretty much no one really gives much of a spit anymore.

~archi

No Archi,I am not an arms dealer.Mearly an innocent bystandard being verbaly abused and sexually exploited by the guy at HERO GEAR.

JUST KIDDING ARCHI. This all in fun I think.Unless Hero is Josephine???

Guest Tom@GunDepot
Here is a picture of you guys on your 8th grade class trip

transvestiteSKY_468x605.jpg

Dude, (s)He is a keeper! You should have sealed the deal!

Hey Joe you could give them a job and they would be JOE'S HOE'S or HERO HOE'S

:tough:

Just a idea.....For your gun shop Reality Show.

Edited by Tom@GunDepot

I think they would feel more comfortable working in East Nashville. :tough:

Added:

No support for a reality show here. I think I am pretty clear about the potential damages to our industry something like this may bring. But hey, if you guys are interested, I posted the contact info in a previous thread :D

Edited by BimmerFreak
Guest Tom@GunDepot

Added:

No support for a reality show here. I think I am pretty clear about the potential damages to our industry something like this may bring. But hey, if you guys are interested, I posted the contact info in a previous thread :D

Not a Chance.

I figured that place would be the first choice.

I also think there is a lot of positive potential to show gun shops and the gun culture in a very favorable light. There can still be plenty of humor in it. No doubt there is a lot of stress in running a gun shop/shooting range. With stress comes humor. It would also give a chance to show how gun shop owners keep it legal and above board through hard work and dedication.

Good luck JWP I hope it happens for you all.

I also do not doubt that there may be more than one production company persuing a show like this.

Edited by Mike.357

This is exactly why I prefer shopping at HeroGear. Joe is very upfront about his desire, "I don't want to sell you one gun, I want to sell you 10 guns!" He know that with great service he'll earn his customer's trust and guys like me will drive five hours to get what they need (and bring their parents in to buy stuff, too).

I know HeroGear isn't the only place around with great service (RangeUSA is near here and is similar, with the somewhat dubious distinction of having very, very little in stock), but when I find someone willing to patiently spend time explaining rudimentary issues about something I have little experience with, I stick with them. I haven't spent a ton of money at HeroGear yet, but I will.

It would seem that there is alot of this going around. Someone emailed this to me the other day:

http://www.gunsmiths.com/jobdetail.php?id=70

EDIT: And yes, imo nothing good can come of any of it. Although if they really wanted to get a shop full of shennanigans and portray gun owners as jerks, TLC would already have "The Rick Uselton Show".

And if my wife can sit around for hours watching dwarfs and a family with a bazillion kids, this might could work too /shrug.

Edited by Metalhead

And if my wife can sit around for hours watching dwarfs and a family with a bazillion kids, this might could work too /shrug.

:hat: My girlfriend does the same thing. She says I just don't understand, and she's right, I don't.

Guest Matchguy

Snobbish gun shops are nothing new. I've been running across them since 1964, and am also at a loss to explain their motivation. I'm automatically put off when I walk into a beautifully carpeted gun store with dim lighting and it looks more like a cocktail lounge than a gun store. Their prices are usually quite snobbish as well, and asking about a trade usually brings about a look reminiscent of receiving a draft notice.

I got my first steady job in '65 in Los Angeles and wanted desperately to buy a Weatherby Mark V rifle with my newfound wealth. So after saving for a while I went to the Weatherby factory store with a pocketful of cash to buy one and got the "go away kid" treatment because I was only 21 years old......so I went back to my home town gun store and bought a Browning Safari Grade otsix instead of a Weatherby. A little of that BS goes a long ways with me.

MG

I still have the Browning, too. :hat:

I

I am having similar issues, I Used to think academy sports had friendly guys there, but TWICE and very recently I have had a pocket of cash just burning to be spent on a new toy and they didnt even acknoledge me, one time the counter guyS were just BS'ing about how were all screwed and everybody needs an ar with a drunk guy. I left and went to G&L and still didnt recieve what I was expecting, I ended up going on LSN and buying used.

My girlfriend can't figure out why I read all the different books that I enjoy, either. I haven't read any Bob Lee Swagger stories in awhile, thanks for reminding me.

My girlfriend can't figure out why I read all the different books that I enjoy, either. I haven't read any Bob Lee Swagger stories in awhile, thanks for reminding me.

No problemo - reading 'Point of Impact' again right now, to be followed with a re-reading of 'Master Sniper'...

I left and went to G&L and still didnt recieve what I was expecting, I ended up going on LSN and buying used.

Then next time you come see me directly. Any idea who it was you delt with that gave you less-than-steller service so that I may remind them what they get paid for?

Guest malbolja

I can't walk into Franklin and buy a box of ammo without them doing/saying something to piss me off. I can't stand to listen to them BS someone who doesn't know better or flat out give them wrong information. There must be a lot of people in Franklin with more money than sense for FGS to still be in business. I just don't go in there anymore, I always felt like I needed a shower when I left.

Haven't been to Uselton's. A shooting buddy told me about his visits there and said they make FGS look good, that was all I needed to hear.

I'm happy to drive up to Guns & Leather. It's worth it to do business with a competent shop. They're the best gun store I've ever been to.

Guns and Leather has always been friendly to me. Everyone I have dealt with there is more than happy to show you whatever you want. The thing that impressed me the most is the way they treated my girlfriend when we have gone there. They answer all of her questions and don't blow her off, as was the usual experience when frequenting some shops when we lived in PA. I also was impressed with Herogear and Guns for America the few times we have been there. Everyone was friendly and willing to help. We went to Franklin once and eventhough they were not busy, we might as well been invisible.

It seems to me that gun industry has many businesses and manufactures that fail to understand the rudimentary business concept that they are in business because of their customers, not in spite of their customers.

Another issue I have noticed with many gun shops, sites or manufactures is if you are going to put your business on the internet, then you need to be staffed appropriately to handle the internet orders and responding to both emails and phone calls.

I have experienced and read on many other gun forums people complaining that their emails and/or phone calls were never answered or were answered weeks/months later which included the gun manufactures.

I am disappointed on the recent postings regarding Franklin Gun Shop. I had a pleasant experience at FGS the last time I was in their shop back in 2004. Jerry Hassler is very sales oriented to the point it makes me want to leave the store. I liked Mike Hassler who seemed very knowledgeable and very low pressure sales. Mike would answer my questions and then back-off to allow you to make the sale. Mike was the complete opposite of Jerry who was like a desperate car salesman trying to make a rusting old car seem like a brand new car.

FGS will deal on price if you talk to them about prices you have seen elsewhere or in my case; I just said what can we do to lower the price? The answer I got was to pay in cash and they would reduce the price to X.

YMMV

It seems to me that gun industry has many businesses and manufactures that fail to understand the rudimentary business concept that they are in business because of their customers, not in spite of their customers.

Another issue I have noticed with many gun shops, sites or manufactures is if you are going to put your business on the internet, then you need to be staffed appropriately to handle the internet orders and responding to both emails and phone calls.

I have experienced and read on many other gun forums people complaining that their emails and/or phone calls were never answered or were answered weeks/months later which included the gun manufactures.

I am disappointed on the recent postings regarding Franklin Gun Shop. I had a pleasant experience at FGS the last time I was in their shop back in 2004. Jerry Hassler is very sales oriented to the point it makes me want to leave the store. I liked Mike Hassler who seemed very knowledgeable and very low pressure sales. Mike would answer my questions and then back-off to allow you to make the sale. Mike was the complete opposite of Jerry who was like a desperate car salesman trying to make a rusting old car seem like a brand new car.

FGS will deal on price if you talk to them about prices you have seen elsewhere or in my case; I just said what can we do to lower the price? The answer I got was to pay in cash and they would reduce the price to X.

YMMV

I am guessing you weren't very impressed with them since you haven't been back for five years.

LMAO, a lot can happen in five years

I could understand the change if FGS was under new management or staff. However FGS has the same personnel working at the shop today as in 2004. I guess over time, they have changed their attitudes towards their customers for the worse.