Range bags

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tlondon

The wifey bought me a nice bag from cheaper than dirt that works fine. It has a large main compartment that holds at least five pistols in gun rugs, two padded side pockets for handguns and a pocket on each end for hearing/eye protection. oh yeah it also has 10 mag pouches in one of the side pockets. I use a 50 cal military ammo can for ammo

Guest Matchguy
Take alook at tool bags at Home Depot or Loew's.

I found a good bag there for a good price. Large capacity, lots of inner pockets, and doesn't look out of place away from the range.

Agreed, but before you pay Lowe's or Home Depot's prices, go to Big Lots and have a look back near the luggage. They carry top name tool bags that are as good as L or HD for a lot less money. Also, a lot of airline carry-on bags make darn good pistol range bags. FWIW

MG

Guest cdsusong

IMG%5Di44.tinypic.cview.php?pic=10zpeld&s=5IMG%5DIMG%5D

here is the bag I use. 4 gun pouches and side pockets. Nice shoulder strap and handles. Double zipper and the 4 gun section can be removed and carried by handles. well I tried to get the photo on here. It is a Glock bag. I got it from Cheaper than Dirt

Edited by cdsusong
picture NG
Agreed, but before you pay Lowe's or Home Depot's prices, go to Big Lots and have a look back near the luggage. They carry top name tool bags that are as good as L or HD for a lot less money. Also, a lot of airline carry-on bags make darn good pistol range bags. FWIW

MG

Great idea, I'm going to stop at big lots manana and see what they have.

Guest Halfpint

My girlfriend (Tink) picked up this bag for me for Christmas... it's a decent overnight or 3-day trip bag, but lately it's been doing double duty as a GTHOOT bag--as in "get the hell out of town" bag. Whenever we head to the range, it's perfect for all that, too.

2-3-09007.jpg

The three outer pockets are perfect for a poncho, spare fold-up backpack for additional stuff, first-aid kit, two bottles of water, or (my favorite) three 30-round AR mags. Inside space--dunno measurements--is enough for a couple changes of clothes, AR and 1911 multi-tools, and a box or two of .45ACP and .223, leaving room for anything else I might need to grab.

Best thing about it, it doesn't scream "tactical!" or "I have gun stuff inside, grab me!" to anybody who might happen to see me out with it. :up:

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I use this one... works well for ammo and pistols all in one sack. The 4 padded sleeves are nice and don't scratch your weapons. I do not own any Glocks though, but my job has a few perks. Maybe if Glock will make a 1911, eh? ;)

glock_range_bag.jpg

Guest superdrew4000

rangebag.jpg

This is what I bought. Good bag, very sturdy with lots of pockets and compartments. Amazon.com had the best price on them last fall at $50 delivered.

rangebag.jpg

This is what I bought. Good bag, very sturdy with lots of pockets and compartments. Amazon.com had the best price on them last fall at $50 delivered.

That's my range bag as well. BUT I got mine for FREE:D. Actually have 4 or 5 of them. Got them when S&W had the rebate on the mags and range bag at the same time.:drama:

Range bags are a real conumdrum.

You can either get one big enough to hold several pistol, ammo and accoutrements.

Then get the crane you need to lift it.

Or get a smaller bag and a seperate ammo container.

No matter what system I have tried I find I have too much stuff I like to take with me for a day at the range. Its easier here at home. Load up the golf cart and drive to the range.

Guest Alpha Dog

I have a 2 pistol (8 magazine) small zippered bag I use when it is a quick trip.

I have one of those plastic buckets you can get at Home Depot with the tool holder cover that fits over the top opening of the bucket...a TON of pockets inside the bucket and outside the bucket...

It is great for multiple mags and weapons. Bucket is great for spent brass, my timer, my glasses and muffs, my range diary, etc. I just roll up my targets and they stand straight up in the bucket and it is still easy to carry by the bail.

May look a bit strange when I walk into the range with a bucket, until you see how organized I am and how easy it is to find everything.

Guest VolMickey
rangebag.jpg

This is my bag as well. Fit's both S&W cases and all accessories (eyes and ears). Nice and at a good price. Got it off eBay, new.

This is my bag as well. Fit's both S&W cases and all accessories (eyes and ears). Nice and at a good price. Got it off eBay, new.

My wife has an old camera bag that looks just like this. I don't care for it because the top only opens about a 5 inch wide strip.

http://www.bulldogcases.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=88

13 x 7 x 7 kinda small?

Edited by Farman

I recieved one of those generic roadside help bags for christmas...you know the one your inlaws get you every other year that has the cheap tools and realy thin jumper cables and a reflective triangle in it...It has two large compartments in the middle and a couple of velcro closure pockets on the front, it too is double stiched and even has a cute little first aid pocket on the front already stocked.

really?......what size should i be looking for?

I don't know. I'm still using a DeWalt sawzall tool bag. I'm carrying staple gun, staples, ear muffs, extra muffs, tape, emergency tools and some cleaning stuff, usually two guns, mags, ammo, extra stick-on targets, safety glasses, a small towel and some shop rags. I still need a small first aid kit. Too much?

Guest MisterJimmy

I found a generic utility bag at WW for ten bucks. Only thing I'm not overjoyed about is the support. But if I'm not having to lug around more than a couple hundred rounds or so I'm ok.

I actually found a very good temp. range bag lying around the house.It is an old diaper bag(solid black,no stripes,polka dots,etc...so please hold your laughter...:D)I used to keep it in my Mustang when i went to the dragstrip to hold extra tools etc.It has a large center section with 2 smaller pockets (1 at each end) that are elastic and also a medium sized front pocket that velcros shut......i forgot i had that thing

I have an Uncle Mike's Deluxe range bag. I think I paid around $45 at SPortsman's Warehouse. It has plenty of room for a few guns, mags, eye and ear protection for a couple people and some boxes of ammo. The material is also thick and holding up well. There are also pockets galore!

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=610839

Edited by BrandonTN
Guest JHatmaker

Just picked up a new one. I had been using an old backpack which worked good for a couple guns and ammo, but wanted something I could put everything in for when I go for an extended amount of time.

s7_229161_imageset_01?$main-Medium$