My idea for the stimulus plan

I was thinking about the proposed stimulus plan the other day, and it occurred to me that the government is giving away all this money and not really getting anything in return.

So I got to thinking, what if instead of just giving the money away, they said, "You know what, we're going to strengthen our infrastructure. Build up and enhance highways, enhance the power grid, build fences along the border, etc. What we will do is hire anyone that wants a job. If you have certain skills, we'll match you up. If not, we'll train you or give you something to do, even if its digging ditches."

Now it seems to me that what most people really need is a job. This would give out of work people meaningful employment. Lots of people may quit their current job to go work for the gov't. which would free up positions for others. Some would get some training that would enhance their future. Best of all the country gets something for their investment. If we just give the money away all we get is landfills full of TV's in ten years.

Am I way off base in this idea?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I believe that's the whole idea. To a certain degree. This NEXT round of guvment money (our money) is not just mailing out checks to any yahoo. At least that's what I think the Big O's intentions are. He's looking at this like another New Deal program. But all it's gonna do is get the States by for another year because they cannot manage budgets worth a s***.!

Edited by Garufa

Although it is advertised as such, only a fraction of the money is going into 'infrastructure'. Most of it is just a transfer of wealth to the politically connected, or to the favorite causes and groups of the far, far left. Reading the details, you might get the idea that this is just a public mugging of the taxpayer. The majority of the jobs that are 'created' are expansions of federal government departments, or creation of new ones. A lot of it is expansion of welfare, tax return checks for people who don't pay taxes to start with, nationalized healthcare, things that could never get passed if they weren't hidden in the details....

Some of it is just flat out graft - 14 million for "travel expenses and per diem" for 1 year, for 5 people the president picks.

http://readthestimulus.org/

So I got to thinking, what if instead of just giving the money away, they said, "You know what, we're going to strengthen our infrastructure. Build up and enhance highways, enhance the power grid, build fences along the border, etc. What we will do is hire anyone that wants a job.

The contractors in charge would hire illegals, so they could make more money.:tinfoil::D

Guest frankcostanza
That is very disturbing.

No kidding. Almost more disturbing is that nobody aside from Glenn Beck (that I know of) has even addressed this crazyness. Do a little reading on Robert Reich's blog... if you can. It made me sick

I hope they post big happy HEIL OBAMA signs at those bridges so that I can detour around them. I'm either going to have to reprogram a Garmin or start traveling by hot air balloon, no way in hell would I drive across a stimulus bridge. Also, be careful plugging in your coffeemaker if you're in an area that gets a stimulus upgrade to your energy grid. POW! "Go towards the light."

So if you are qualified for a job, you will be passed over for a low income black, hispanic, or woman, etc?!?!?!? What kind of outright :lol::poop:;) is this? This sounds like the next ammendment to affirmative action.

This appears to be the kickoff to a our new revolution.

Guest frankcostanza

Yep... No way in hell I want to drive across a bridge that some joker who has no clue what theyre doing slapped together. Remember 35W? I guess when the shoddy stimulus bridges fall down, more jobs are created to build another crappy bridge. Maybe thats where the stimulus will come from in this thing. A never ending cycle of rebuilding stuff that wasnt build right in the first place.

This reminds of back in the 70s. I was little but my dad worked at holston army ammo plant in Kingsport. He was laid off so they could hire a minority to take his place to meet the gooberment quota. Is this coming back?

Guest jackdog

If the Government were serious about this then they would suspend the HV1 visa and other such programs until all out of work legal Americans were gainfully employed.