Home Protection Shotgun

Guest VolMickey

Guest Policek9Trainer

Hate to hear you're having heart issues, I've had my share of them as its what caused me to retire back in 94. Have had 9 heart surgeries since then. I'd like to see that Saiga, sounds like a good home protection weapon :P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TurboniumOxide

Mossy 500, Knoxx Recoil Absorbing Adjustable stock, Surefire LED Flashlight (110 lumens) forestock, Rail and EOTech 512. It feels good, very well balanced and even my wife can shoot slugs with it. I have a green laser for it too, but it is off the gun and being used to entertain the cat.

Hate to hear you're having heart issues, I've had my share of them as its what caused me to retire back in 94. Have had 9 heart surgeries since then. I'd like to see that Saiga, sounds like a good home protection weapon :yum:
Thanks, I have had three attacks but only one surgery. Not sure I would even do it again.
My choice was a Moss 930 SPX. My wife has issues chambering followup rounds on my 870. The 930 was the logical choice for that reason.

My choice as well. Quite a few features for the money. I like the Mossy 500 and Remington 870 as well. You can't go wrong with those proven designs.

I have 2 more old shotguns I picked up I'm thinking of cutting down for Katy-bar-the-door guns. So far I haven't had the heart to do it, as they are in great shape and are great shooters... an 1897 Winchester (love that exposed hammer) and an old Ithica model 37 in 16 gauge. Talk about smooooooth....

Know what ya mean by not wanting to cut one down. We've got a fluid steel Remington side hammer double that we bought to cut down three or four years ago -- cant bear to cut it down either. We load brass shells and shoot black powder in it; it's great. You do owe it to yourself to find a model 97 riot (they are out there) and a model 37 ithaca riot (they're out there too). They are a great thing. The model 97 is the greatest riot gun ever; and the ithaca is the best slide action shotgun; period!!

Have fun!!

LEROY

I own 5 Mossbergs with wood stocks for hunting, but my HD gun is a double slide Maverick 88 with composite stock. The only modifications are a high viz bead and a Save-a-Limb recoil pad. It's in the Home Back Up rack shown earlier in this thread. No extended tube, my own feeling is that if you need more than 5 Buckshot shells that fast, you should have gone out the door! I carry 15 Buck and 10 Slug reloads on a bandolier and I do practice tactical reloading a lot. Rig is simple, rugged and relatively maintenance free.

9E8850886C1A4DD0B64B263C0E55A134.jpg