Some Upgrades Made Today (2020-09-11)

• Administrator

In preparation for our eventual move to the new 4.5 series of the forum software, I had to make some upgrades and tweaks to TGO today. 

The most noticeable one will probably be that the "tagging" system used most prominently in the Trading Post forums has been changed to a new software.  Tags are the little colored prefixes in front of the posts that say whether the item is for sale, trade, free, wanted, or if the ad is closed.

image.png

The reason for this change is that the previous software we used had been discontinued and the author was no longer supporting it.   Unfortunately this very useful part of TGO isn't part of the default forum software installation, so we rely on these little plug-ins to bring the feature to you.  I am also trying to see if I can diminish or hide the black "trading post" tag behind each listing.  I think it's annoying.

Another change with this upgrade is that the list of tags isn't being shown on the forum home page now.  I am trying to see if we can get that feature back or if I've just misconfigured it somehow.  They used to show where the red square is in this screenshot.

image.png

The nice thing about them being there was that you could click a tag, say the "for sale" tag as an example, and it would show you all of the posts inside the forum that used that tag.  You can still do that once inside the forum by clicking on any of the tags shown at the start of a post, but that's also kind of annoying.

More to come on this as I work through the new plug-in and communicate with its author.

• Like 3