The Movie Thread

poak

I figured it'd be a good idea to have a generic "movie thread" where we can suggest movies to each other.

So, I'll start:

I watched "Rise of the Footsoldier" tonight. It was a great flick. I always like British gangster movies, but this wasn't what I was used to of that genre (Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels). It's based on a true story about one mans life as he grows from a soccer hooligan, to a bouncer, to a major player in London's underworld. I highly recommend it.

Here's the trailer:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went and seen My Bloody Valentine 3D last week.It was purty good! Makes one wonder why all movies aren't in 3D.

Heck,I nearly lost an eye during the adult scene in the beginning! :)

I'm going to watch The Watchmen this weekend......will report back :cool:

Completely missed this Poak! Find a movie called Brick with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It plays on Cinemax and you can find it at Blockbuster and such. It's an indie film that has that Film-Noir type feel. It's excellent.

Cool, I'll be on the look out for it, Pun! Maybe I can find a torrent for it.. er... I mean... pay to rent it at a video rental establishment...:rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to hearing reviews for Watchmen... Hmmmm... I might just have to go watch it on Monday since I have **** else to do, haha

Guest pl1ght

Rescue Dawn, is a recent one i watched. With Christian Bale. Playing a vietnam pilot who becomes a POW. For all the personality issues Bale has, he is really a great actor. Id recommend a watch on this one.

The Watchmen = :)

It was about 3 hours long,and very boring with allot of dialog.I nearly left it was so boring!

Although,it did have some excellent visuals,and a few awesome action scenes,but I think what made the movie suck was simply the length of it.

It was like they were just adding too much to fill up the time.

Edit; Also,not sure what her name was,but the girl with the Winnie Cooper hair cut was the best part of the movie as far as action,and whatnot went.

Another thing,be forewarned there is allot of wiener in this flick,not just winer,but blue wiener! Think of of one of the guys from Blue Man Group thats about 10 foot tall.....naked! :D

Looks like The House On The Left is up for this weekend,will report back! :P

Edited by strickj

I actually liked Watchmen more then I thought I would...its like 20-30mins dialogue and then as "Clockwork Orange" put it a bit of old fashioned Ultra Violence for about 10-15 minutes. I have been thinking about Redbox'n Rise of the Foot Soldier but was afraid it would be cheesy...thanks for the review im gonna check it out tonite if its available.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
I actually liked Watchmen more then I thought I would...its like 20-30mins dialogue and then as "Clockwork Orange" put it a bit of old fashioned Ultra Violence for about 10-15 minutes. I have been thinking about Redbox'n Rise of the Foot Soldier but was afraid it would be cheesy...thanks for the review im gonna check it out tonite if its available.

Digging the avatar!!!

F3 was amazing

Bout to go see it now Strick lol not sure how i feel about blue winky though.

Well,at least you'll get to see the Winnie Cooper lookalike! :usa::cool: I guess thats worth the 20 foot wiener

Anybody know the name of that other super hero~ish movie,I think it had Samuel L Jackson in it? Is it still playing?

Guest GhostHunter

If you like scary movies, I recommend Mirrors, starring Keifer Sutherland, although the ending was not quite what I was expecting. :usa::up:

Well,at least you'll get to see the Winnie Cooper lookalike! :usa::cool: I guess thats worth the 20 foot wiener

Anybody know the name of that other super hero~ish movie,I think it had Samuel L Jackson in it? Is it still playing?

Last question first. The Spirit and yea I think you can still catch it. It didn't do really well I don't think.

Silk Spectre II was friggin hot!!!!!! I really enjoyed Watchmen. I thought it was well done and different. My buddy and I saw it and I said "Hey Winnie Cooper!" He was like what are you talking about and I said "Oh well Strick said this girl looked like...nevermind" lol

I actually think I liked it enough for a new...AVATAR!

Guest sharpshooter01

Baseball is just around the corner so for you baseball fans, I recommend "Cobb" with Tommy Lee Jones. It's about the life of Ty Cobb, he was a mean SOB. I thought it was a good movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody seen Race To Witch Mnt yet? :lol:

12 Rounds is the worst movie ever!

Id been pissed had I paid to see it.....and even then I still ask for my money back!

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to sit through this one!

Haunting In Connecticut was ok towards the end.Cant really comment on the first half as I fell asleep.(literately fell asleep! if that tells you anything about the movie itself)

I Love You Man was a pretty good movie.

Looks kinda like a chick comedy by the previews,but its really not.

Its a must see!

Edited by strickj
Anybody seen Race To Witch Mnt yet? :lol:

12 Rounds is the worst movie ever!

Id been pissed had I paid to see it.....and even then I still ask for my money back!

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to sit through this one!

Haunting In Connecticut was ok towards the end.Cant really comment on the first half as I fell asleep.(literately fell asleep! if that tells you anything about the movie itself)

I Love You Man was a pretty good movie.

Looks kinda like a chick comedy by the previews,but its really not.

Its a must see!

Good to know, strick! I kinda wanted to see 12 rounds, I'll save my cash!

Yeah,not just my opinion on 12 Rounds,but also the opinion of the friend I saw it with,and the opinion of the empty theater!

Thinking about seeing Fast ans Furious tonight,and prolly Observe And Report this weekend