Benelli Super Nova Tactical question

Trekbike

Hey does anybody that owns one regret the purchase?

I'm in the market for a 12 ga tactical and really liked the feel and handling on a Super Nova Tactical with ghost ring sights I saw in a local shop. I also like the idea that it can handle up to 3 1/2" shells.

I'm also considering a 870, which everyone likes. I've got a 870 Trap model I'm currently looking to sell to fund the tactical purchase so I like the 870 models well enough.

Like I said, the Benelli is really speaking to me and just looking to get feedback from someone that owns one.

Thanks,

David

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably doesn't mix into what your wanting to buy the tactical for but I had the standard Nova and loved the gun and its shooting abilities. I used it for turkey for 3 years but the darn slide on those things is so noisy it was like hunting with drum cymbals to me. I sold it and moved on to a 870. If you plan to use it for any hunting check that slide action.

If its defense only, you may still want to check but it won't matter as much.

Other than that it was more versatile than the 870 I have being able to shoot the 3.5 inch mags which the 870 won't and the interchangable chokes which again the 870 does not allow me to do.

My 870 is that cylinder choked Police Mag by the way.

Guest truthsayer

I own both. I like the Benelli, but it's a rattle trap and will assuredly need the recoil reducer if you plan on doing any training at all with it. The only Benelli I have and still use in my 24inch sporting clays gun.

If you like it and it feels good to you. Why not go for it.

I'm not familiar with Benelli's so I want to make the right choice. I want to make sure it's a reliable gun.

I intend on using it for HD and a fighting shotgun if the SHTF at some point in the future.

The model I was looking at has just about all the stuff I'm looking for so I'm not that concerned about the lack of accessories for the Benelli. I would like to add a two round extension but TacStar does make one for the Benelli.

Thanks,

David

Guest mustangdave

My NOVA TACTICAL is the baby brother to the SUPER NOVA...I would've liked to have the pistol grip...but I couldn't beat the price of the private party sale...at 25 feet at the indoor range...it is BADNESS...even using the managed recoil rounds. It serves as my HD gun...and as I told my wife...its for "up close" work...its got 6 in the tube and one chambered. I'm SURE you will like the Benelli

I have the benelli nova with rifle sights on a 18.5" barrel, shoots like a dream but kicks like a mule. It kicks harder with just field loads, than any shotgun i've ever shot including old single shots. With 3" slugs, well its a real back breaker.

I also put the tac star 2 rd extention, easy to install works flawlessly.

I've not noticed much rattle in my nova, in fact it is quieter than my mosseberg 500.

All in all, I consider it 100% worth every penny of the $200 I spent for it.