.223 and 7.62x39 ammo cheap!

I'm not sure how much you guys are paying for your ammo.

The last time I went to the gun shop to see about ammo, .223 and AK ammo was pretty expensive.

I wanted to know peoples thoughts on Brownbear/silverbear ammo.

I found a website that is selling ammo pretty cheaply as well as some pretty good deals on ak 47's and a few other weapons.

anyhow, critique of the website would be appreciated!

anyhow, the website is :http://www.aimsurplus.com/

Let me know what you think about it?

thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mugster

Well, i've shot the wolf and the new polymer stuff seems pretty good. I think its ok for plinking. Never shot golden bear. I'd stick with the newer wolf polymer stuff as people on ar15.com seem to like it as much as me and maybe more.

Walmart sells a 200 round value pack of 50gr fbhp in .223, which until last week was $52 + tax and ammo fee. They just went up to $58 + tax and ammo fee, and for the money, its still the best game in town. It has alot more sack behind it than the wolf stuff and its pretty accurate to 300 yards. The walmart at I-24 and highway 96 has a couple pallets in the back. The brass reloads good too, regardless of what some people say about federal civilian brass.

Other than that, look around online for PMC 55gr ball. Thats good stuff too, and sitting at around $325 for 1000 rounds plus shipping in .223. Try sportsman guide online.

Gunslingers in Kingsport has 100 rd pack of 7.62X39 FMJ or JHP for 21.95. I think it is Wolf that they repacked.

CTD was $179 six weeks ago and is no $209 for Wolf Mil Classic 1000 rd case.

Add in about $25 for shipping irregardless who you buy from.

Did you call Aim about their ammo? I have found that they may show items on their website but when you call to order that they are out of stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Wisconsin Cartridge has a pretty good deal on almost all of there stuff. I bought 500 rounds of 55g FMJ for $117.50. While I'm not an expert on this subject, I have been impressed with it after shooting about 300 rounds. Very clean and absolutely no problems.

http://www.wisconsincartridge.com/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=70&numRecordPosition=6&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&strSearchCriteria=

Guest dotsun
Wisconsin Cartridge has a pretty good deal on almost all of there stuff. I bought 500 rounds of 55g FMJ for $117.50. While I'm not an expert on this subject, I have been impressed with it after shooting about 300 rounds. Very clean and absolutely no problems.

http://www.wisconsincartridge.com/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=70&numRecordPosition=6&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&strSearchCriteria=

That's a really nice find, is it boxer primed?

Guest toy4x4

I"ve ordered 7.62 from aim on several occasions and a shooting partner has ordered a couple ak's from them and we have always been satisfied.(but there ammo has got to expensive). I have a k of the brown bear but have not shot it yet so cant help there. Ordered 4k of the wolf this weekend and it came to $154 a k shipped. Was the best deal I could find at SG..