Jump to content

308 and 300 black out ammo


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Anyone know what the going rates are for 308 and 300 black out?  Looking at getting a new upper and since 458 has been less than pleasing, 300 black out seems like a more reasonable caliber. I know prices are still crazy, so any info is appreciated.

Edited by RC3
Added ammo
Link to comment

PSA has had some uppers and build kits at decent prices. Also AR15 discount has some barrels and other parts on sale if you want to go that route. Stag has some 308 stuff in stock but haven’t checked prices.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, swiley383 said:

PSA has had some uppers and build kits at decent prices. Also AR15 discount has some barrels and other parts on sale if you want to go that route. Stag has some 308 stuff in stock but haven’t checked prices.

I am referring to ammo

Link to comment
  • RC3 changed the title to 308 and 300 black out ammo
10 hours ago, RC3 said:

Anyone know what the going rates are for 308 and 300 black out?  Looking at getting a new upper and since 458 has been less than pleasing, 300 black out seems like a more reasonable caliber. I know prices are still crazy, so any info is appreciated.

I shoot an ton of both. And the answer to your question is, it depends. I load all of my ammo and both are run through semiautos in places I can't pick up my brass. Snakes are a problem and it's a big no no to pick up brass at night. If I'm hunting pigs the I have to run premium bullets, but all my brass is free.  With the 308, I have to pay for the brass and bullets. However I can use the cheapest 150 softpoints I can find. The blackout becomes more expensive to shoot than the 308. The blackout is also less effective on running pigs. If I'm hunting deer the blackout doesn't require a $0.80 bullet so it becomes cheaper. 

Link to comment

For production ammo current rates in my area are $1-1.10 a round for plinking grade 300 blackout and .308/7.62x51. On the rare occasion that I’ve seen match grade or hunting .308 in stock it’s running $2-$2.75 per round. I saw some 300 blackout last week that was marketed as a hunting projectile and it was $1.72 per round. Hope that helps.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

For production ammo current rates in my area are $1-1.10 a round for plinking grade 300 blackout and .308/7.62x51. On the rare occasion that I’ve seen match grade or hunting .308 in stock it’s running $2-$2.75 per round. I saw some 300 blackout last week that was marketed as a hunting projectile and it was $1.72 per round. Hope that helps.

Thanks. That was what I was trying to find out. Going to be listing 308 rounds and needed a base point.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.