Last Hurrah this week...

This week will end the attempt to gain a few yards on restoring the Right to arms originally intended for Tennesseans.

HB 2554 as amended, ( and I know the State web site still does not show the amendment I shared earlier but it WAS filed, they may try to call it "untimely filed" so they do not have take it up at all) is up in Civil Justice Subcommittee on Tuesday,  Why it landed there is simply the result of the Speakers prerogative, it should in fact be in Criminal Justice, but there would be a lot better chance of it getting our of committee that way, and the Establishment does not want to level up The People with the Heat...  I am going to break my standard and actually testify on it.  I at least want to have video that these committee members know the facts of the bill before they whisk it off to never land.  Two TN Supr3eme Court cases say that off duty officers are merely civilians, and as the legislature has said the cost charged by the Dept. of Safety to train and license you to carry a handgun with the enhanced Permit is sufficient to allow one to to walk among their fellow Citizens, we should be able to do so where3 any other Citizen can... 

HB 1735 is up in Civil Full on Wednesday, I hold no hope that it has any chance of passing in that committee, Reps Farmer, Garrett, Russell and Curcio will see to it that it does not pass.

And finally, HB 2524, arguably the best of all the bills this year, by our Hero Jerry Sexton presents Wednesday in Criminal Sub.  I also intend to testify on that one, I want the State to know that the Biden Administration held up Tennessee as the Posterchild of gun control in the New York Rifle and Pistol Club v. Bruen case before the Supreme Court this last fall.  In oral arguments the Solicitor General Brian Fletcher (at 1:27:58  https://www.oyez.org/cases/2021/20-843) pointed out that Tennessee passed a law making it a crime to carry a firearms sans being LE, and it is still on the books today.  If we have sitting legislators in the Republican Party that are good with this, they need firing.

GOA and TFA are having their joint lobby day on Wednesday,  I would love to have some 2nd Amendment enthusiast show up to counter the hordes of Moms Demand Action Bloomberg acolytes that are always there and ever present in large numbers, but am not holding my breath.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Worriedman said:

I would love to have some 2nd Amendment enthusiast show up to counter the hordes of Moms Demand Action Bloomberg acolytes that are always there and ever present in large numbers, but am not holding my breath.

I wish we could get the money that MDA has to pay to cover lost wages and possible loss of my job from missing to much work.

Worriedman, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the good fight!