Another call...another issued permit.

Guest TN_3

Well, you all were right. I called today and the lady said all my background checks have come back and I will recieve the permit in 7 - 10 days. I wonder whats going on?

- Ron

A call has been needed to speed things up for a good long while now.

9 months ago it generally meant getting it issued in 50-60 days instead of 90 (or more, in violation of TCA).

Now it means getting it issued in around 30 days or less.

Obviously, their issue/mailing process is well behind the clearance process and a call gets yours moved to top of the stack. Squeaky wheel getting oiled.

- OS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SouthernSaltine

Yea its a crazy system. My father and I went down together and applied. Same exact time. Same window, same person took our info. He got his 2 weeks before i did. And on top of that we both paid for an extra copy, he got both the same day, it took my extra copy another 3 weeks after I received the first copy!! WTF!!!!:up:

Just made the call and it will be issused this week :up: and was told the normal 7-14 business days (don't count weekends). I did the paper work and fingerprinted on 3-10 and told myself to wait 3 weeks. that was the longes 3 weeks.

Just made the call and it will be issused this week :clap: and was told the normal 7-14 business days (don't count weekends). I did the paper work and fingerprinted on 3-10 and told myself to wait 3 weeks. that was the longes 3 weeks.

OK, I just called (was just going to be patient and wait, but...). Same exact story as above. Did mine on 3/13. Should have next week! Woo Hoo!

party.gifhurray.gifbanana.gifbirthdaysmilie.giftwothumbsup.gif

Guest Pistorius

So, how long should I wait before making the call. I applied on Tuesday and was fingerprinted yesterday. Should I give a week? two? more?

So, how long should I wait before making the call. I applied on Tuesday and was fingerprinted yesterday. Should I give a week? two? more?

I don't think i have seen anyone calling before 2 weeks. Tomorrow will be the 2 week mark for me. Going to try and wait until monday IF i can :up:

I don't think i have seen anyone calling before 2 weeks. Tomorrow will be the 2 week mark for me. Going to try and wait until monday IF i can :)

Go ahead and call. What can it hurt? All they will say is no. And maybe they could say yes.

Go ahead and call. What can it hurt? All they will say is no. And maybe they could say yes.

I'm just thinking there will be less chance of being told to call back in a week. That seems to be a common response when one of the checks isn't back. Might be able to get away with a 2nd call before a full week :) I'm a little paranoid about getting bottom stacked or something though :)

Guest kcnative

I called after two weeks and they didn't even have my app in yet. She told me the 60-90 day deadline and said to call back in 30 days.

I called back a week later and they said they were only waiting on TBI.

I'm going to call again this Tues (another week) to check status.

No one has gone off on me...the call takes about 30 secs. They wouldn't give out the status number if they didn't want people to call.

Might be able to get away with a 2nd call before a full week ;) I'm a little paranoid about getting bottom stacked or something though ;)

I don't think it's an actual stack. She asked my DL# and I could hear her keying it in. She told me in about 8 seconds. If it was a physical stack it would take a lot longer to actually go through it, not to mention being easier looking by name than DL#.

I'm going to call again this Tues (another week) to check status.

No one has gone off on me...the call takes about 30 secs. They wouldn't give out the status number if they didn't want people to call.

I don't think they remember who calls or how many times...unless you are calling several times every day. But then you'd be :rolleyes:

Guest kcnative
I don't think they remember who calls or how many times...

...and I definitely talked to a different person...so chances are she didn't even know that I called last week...unless they make a note in the file or something...but she didn't mention that I'd just called the week before.

I would suggest people to call after two weeks, then call every week thereafter until told it's in the mail.

Like I said I'm calling this Tues and fully expect to get the "7-14 days" schpeel.

Calling seems to help with the waiting. Better that you know it's making progress, than sitting around checking your mail every 5 mins...haha

Guest LieutenantDan67
just called...

Will be issued today! :screwy:

7-14 days

Was printed around 3:30 on march 20 at Range USA. You get a free range pass for being printed there, btw.

Wow! Another fast permit issuance. Congrats!

Man, that's fast. My wife and I printed at Range USA on Friday March 27th. Guess this means I could try my luck with the call in a week? :)

Thanks, Lieutenant ;)

You two should definitely call in a week if you ask me. Good Luck!

Called today...:screwy:...still waiting on TBI...:cop:...call back next week...:D

BTW, Ninja9, howjadoit? I applied Mar 2 ?!

Sorry are having to wait so long, man :-\ I would think one more week will do the trick.

I can't think of anything i did out of the ordinary, or anything out of the ordinary that may be in any files they would have on me... Guess i just got lucky for once.

Just under 5yrs ago i lived briefly in at an address that i wasn't sure about the zip code for. Was afraid that may have slowed things down for me if i got it wrong... Maybe some little error like that could slow things down :)

New to this forum and it's a great resource.

After reading this thread I made "the call" this morning...a nice lady there told me that I was approved and that she just needed to issue it out. 7-14 days....same story as everyone else basically. I'm excited to get it but at the same time it's a little irritating when you've waited patiently only to discover that a simple 30 second phone call makes things happen. Regardless...i'm very excited! Oh and I applied on January 28th....hopefully i'll see it by the end of the week.

Guest jmhodge

If there's phone # or website to check status of my permit, somebody PLEASE tell me about it! I renewed on Jan. 20th 2009, still have not received my permit or any notification whatsoever. I have the temporary permit, I'm sure it has expired altho there's no exp date printed on it.

Please, can you advise me? I will certainly appreciate your help.

Thanks

If there's phone # or website to check status of my permit, somebody PLEASE tell me about it! I renewed on Jan. 20th 2009, still have not received my permit or any notification whatsoever. I have the temporary permit, I'm sure it has expired altho there's no exp date printed on it.

Please, can you advise me? I will certainly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Try (615) Two Five One - Eight Five Nine Zero

Guest Tn.Mitch
Applied and printed on Feb. 24th. Had to force myself not to call until 30 days had passed, but today I made the call. Nice lady said it was issued today (what a coincidence :tinfoil:) and to wait 7-14. I was hesitant to call, but it took her all of 1 minute to type my info into the computer and "check" the status, and the end result was my permit in the mail.

Im telling you guys that it really works for so many people it cant bee wromg.call afyer she will tell you it has been issued and will be in mailbox,between 7 to 14 days,then go into the mailbox buzzard mode,and youll have it in a week,the none believers wait 60 to 90 days,just ask them,it keeps you at thefront of the line.

Guest LieutenantDan67

I'll be calling in next week, even though it's only been about two and a half weeks by then, just because I want to make sure everything is okay with the application processing because of my name, since the system showed some weirdness with attaching my middle name to my last name.

I won't be expecting my processing to be done; just want to make sure it's not stopped at the gate. Hell, my belt won't be here until the end of the month anyway. LOL

Guest JHatmaker
I'll be calling in next week, even though it's only been about two and a half weeks by then, just because I want to make sure everything is okay with the application processing because of my name, since the system showed some weirdness with attaching my middle name to my last name.

I won't be expecting my processing to be done; just want to make sure it's not stopped at the gate. Hell, my belt won't be here until the end of the month anyway. LOL

They say you'll be contacted w/i 10 days after submitting your paperwork if it's rejected for any reason (not including the background checks). But they'll still check for you and what has been returned to them so far.

Guest LieutenantDan67
They say you'll be contacted w/i 10 days after submitting your paperwork if it's rejected for any reason (not including the background checks). But they'll still check for you and what has been returned to them so far.

Oh okay. That's good to know. Thanks JHat! :lol: It's been 8 business days since my application went in (7 business days since prints) so I'm thinking it's probably okay, but I'll check next week anyhow.

Guest kcnative

Applied 3/10, fingerprinted 3/13...called 3/24 and they hadn't even received my app yet. Called again 3/31 and they were just waiting on TBI. Called today and she said, basically:

"You applied on 3/11...now, we have 60-90 days to issue your permit, but it looks like everything is in, so I'm going to go ahead and issue your permit today. From this point it will be 7-14 days, so call back if you haven't received it in two weeks."

The way she worded it, I'm convinced they don't issue them until you call, or at the very least bump you up to the front if you call. I guess they figure the squeeky wheel gets the grease. The more they satisfy the people who call, the less calls they get in the long run, I guess.

I would start calling at two weeks and call every week thereafter until it is issued.