Favorite & Least Favorite Gun Shops in Middle Tn.

Guest hickok

I agree with Chris on "Gun Sh*tty" rude and arrogant. Terrible prices, horrible trade in offer.

Franklin Gun shop is good for looking around with an occasional good price. Deal with John-he's pretty cool and knowledgable

On Target - rude and got ripped off on a consignment purchase- way over priced. I admit I did not do my homework prior to purchase, but "Once bitten..."

I do a lot with Acacdemy Sports (Cool Springs)on certain items due to good prices and the staff has always been very helpful.

Specialty Arms II in LaVergne is my pick for top store from those I have shopped. These guys are OK once you get to know them. Deal with Dan. I enjoy the other guys too, John, Daniel, Colin, Steve. Never had a problem and have gotten some great prices. They are always willing to make a deal.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info, similar opinions and some shops I will add to my visit list.

I like G&L, and Outpost Armory. G&L needs to be the size of the Outpost or the Franklin shop.

The Franklin store was where I bought my SR9. I shopped around and they did have and give me the best deal, I even haggled them down. The person I dealt with was very personable and was happy with my purchase.

Speciality Arms has a good selection and shop.

The East Side Shop was a place I felt welcome at, the Rabbi and I talked like old friends. Small but efficient.

Another small but efficient gun shop is nrange - Home very nice people and a cool range

Worst, Gun City (seems to be unanimous). What was once an enjoyable experience has left me smelling like cigarette smoke rather than gunpowder smoke. I refer to their range as the "dungeon".

I bought a Colt Trooper.357 in 1982 from them, sad to see the deterioration.