Thompson 1927A1 "Tommy Gun"

Guest 70below

Guest 70below

I had an opportunity to make a trade last weekend, and jumped at it. Doesn't every boy dream of shooting one of these when they were a kid? Its completely impractical, but Ohhhh.....I think it will be fun. It had about a hundred rounds through it.....looks like new. I don't think the pics do it justice. I'm very happy with it, hopefully shoot it soon. I've got a 50rd drum on the way.......looks like I'm going to be reloading .45 now too.....lol.

thompson1.jpg

thompson2.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what I would call a very nice home defense weapon or maybe a nice centter piece for the coffee table. I am still trying to get the wife to let me place my M-24 on the kitchen table as a center piece.

Guest EasilyObsessed

Semi or Fully Automatic?

I have shot the one at On Target several times. Definitely cant help but have a huge grin on your face after running through a magazine on one of 'em.

TJ you SUCK!!

that is officially the first gun someone has shown on this website that I am jealous of.

It better make it to the next shoot, I can't wait to give it a try!

Feel free to contact me about coming up and belssing my range with it this weekend.

TJ you SUCK!!

that is officially the first gun someone has shown on this website that I am jealous of.

It better make it to the next shoot, I can't wait to give it a try!

Feel free to contact me about coming up and belssing my range with it this weekend.

Actually TJ, since Mike's offering, if you'd rather go to his place than the farm on Saturday, I'd be game. And yes Mike, I just invited myself. :D
where is the farm? might be a better option. yes I am inviting myself
My grandparents have 22 acres on Raccoon Valley in Heiskell. They get a little twitchy if there are more than 2 people shooting, though. Your place, however, sounds lovely!
Guest 70below

You're more than welcome to shoot it Mike. I bet it'll make a mess out of a water filled can! lol. Whatever location is best for you guys is fine with me. I know you're limited a bit with your neighbors and all Mike, I kinda think 'Slugs grandfather may have a little shell shock though.

You're more than welcome to shoot it Mike. I bet it'll make a mess out of a water filled can! lol. Whatever location is best for you guys is fine with me. I know you're limited a bit with your neighbors and all Mike, I kinda think 'Slugs grandfather may have a little shell shock though.
It's not so much the shell shock as the quintuple bypass surgery he had a few years back...
Guest 70below
we can do it another time, go ahead and go on to the farm.

I'll let you know as we get closer to the weekend what the plan is. Most likely I'll take it to Mark's place when he has his shoot too.

Guest FroggyOne2

Not jealous here! But proud of ya! I shot one one time.. though the "cool" factor is there, it had to be the worst trigger I have ever felt. But, ya gotta give it one thing, it is def intimidating!

Guest 70below

Actually, I was pretty impressed with the trigger just from the dry firing I've done. Its pretty crisp. Slightly heavy but not bad. I was surprised with the weight of the gun even considering I don't have the drum on it yet, but on disassembly you can definitely see why, the things practically a solid block of steel.