Century Arms AR?

res308

Aquaintance was trying to trade me a Century Arms AR today for my Sig 220. Until last night I didn't know Century even made an AR. With the Century Gun Butchers Incorporated name on it I won't even touch it, decision's already made there. But just out of curiosity, ya'll know anything about them?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

I couldn't imagine that even THEY could screw an AR up too bad. But, I've never seen or shot one personally. I would imagine they're worth about what they listed them for originally $500-600, parts have to be worth that. I've heard some are colt parts.

Century 90% of the time =;)! It is a lot easier to screw up an AR than an AK

and all the parts are old, and either the upper or lower is colt, so none of the finish even matches, a real Franken gun mix-master!:hat:

They just now recalled their latest venture the VZ58 mix-master only was out 2 months, need i say more?

Yes I bought one not long ago. I bought it as it is the closest thing I can buy to the M16 I shot when I was in the USMC back in the 70s-80s.

I knew what I was buying as it is basically a refurbished gun. I have shot it around 250 rounds and had zero problems. It has some Colt parts in it. It is a bit loose as far as the upper fit to lower. (Easy to fix) But it as accurate as the one I shot while I was in the USMC.

Just keep it clean and I do trust it to fire every time I pull the trigger.

For the price I would buy 2 of these over most of the other AR15s