Glad I Called

Well, third time's the charm!

Mar 2 - applied

Apr 3 - first call, waiting on TBI

Apr 14 - second call, still waiting on TBI

May 4 - Woo Hoo! :woohoo: Spoke with Hazel , a very nice lady, said my address was misspelled :shrug: said HCP would be issued in a couple of days (guess it takes 2 days to change an "i" to an "o" at the state level! :screwy:) - plus the usual 7-14 days :bored:

Guess the Wally walk is next - I live close enough to walk TO Walmart!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GatorsRule1976

Well, now I am confused. I called last week (Friday). They said they had all my info and it was processing. Sooooo, just being curious, I called yesterday. They informed me that they didn't have all of my info. The lady I spoke with was really rude and acted like she didn't want to be there. So my curiousity sets in again and makes me wonder if she was just being an a$$ and I decided to call again today! The lady I spoke with today informed me that they were waiting on a background check. I asked her if it was FBI or TBI. This is what she said..."Well, it's......it usually takes 30 days to.......oh wait it looks like it's here. It should be on the system tomorrow. You can call back tomorrow and it should be there." ?????? ok????:P Does the DOS really know what they are doing?:koolaid:

Guest high-octane
Here's another one! 7-14 days.:yum:

This is great! Looks like i got printed the day after you. Im calling tomorrow.:shake:

Guest dizzielizzie

Applied 4/24 fingerprinted 4/27 called today because everyone who has posted seems to think it "speeds things up." Lady said mine gets issued next week, 7-14 days (is there an echo in here?) Hoping to have it before memorial day because I'm going to Florida. I'll post when I get mine...

Guest illumina

Got mine in the mail today too! Took exactly 21 days from application. Called on day 14 so it took 7 to get to me. Got my MTAC in the mail last week, I'm ready to go!

Guest GatorsRule1976

ok, i posted on here i got mine, but it's not showing up! well, anyway...GOT IT TODAY!!!!! WOOHOO!!

Well, it's showing up now. Sorry for the double post!!

Edited by GatorsRule1976
double post

I made my wife call about her permit today. It has been about 40 days and she was "approved on the phone" like the rest of us.

If they can complete the process that quickly once all the checks are received, why do they let a backlog build up? Oh wait, I know... Government!

Guest dizzielizzie

Called again today and they said "it's been issued, it was generated monday, please allow 7-14 days" (another echo in here.)

AAAAHHHH! I wants it now!

Guest GatorsRule1976
why dont you newbies edit your profile to show the carry permit icon? btw congrats on the permit. next stop, wally world.

AH! Forgot all about it! It's up now! Thanks for the reminder! :lol: