Scope with range finder built in?

This Burris Eliminator IV is a rangefinding scope. Check it out:

https://www.burrisoptics.com/riflescopes/eliminator-iv-laserscope-4-16x50mm

Burris Eliminator IV LaserScope 4-16x50mm

4.8 out of 5 stars. 

"Just aim, range, and shoot. It's that simple.

The new Eliminator IV features extended rangefinding capabilities out to 2,000 yards and enhanced ballistic calculator with more data and faster-aiming solutions. All this significantly increasing the distance at which you can make an ethical shot.

New wireless remote laser activation of the laser rangefinder has been added to make it easy to range your target. As always there’s no need for a smartphone, app or separate handheld range finder! 

Prior to the hunt feed the Eliminator IV your cartridge’s ballistic info and the scope calculates perfect holdover at your exact distance, estimates wind drift, then gives you the perfect aiming solution (bright red dot) — all at the push of a button. Just aim, range and shoot. It’s that simple!

Four tools in one advanced optics including: precision optics, an internal digital inclinometer, smart dope card, and built-in laser range finder."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Now that's awesome

A bit pricey but definitely what I'm looking for and I honestly had no idea The made something like this 

Going to look into it right now 

Thank you!

Edited by spdfrk70
  • Like 1

There are numerous ranging reticles available on quality mid to high end optics. Most folks handle it in that manner. No electronics, no extra parts.

Once learn the reticle and the math it is fairly quick and easy to range. The tricky part is having  multiple rifles and getting the same reticle and/or scope for all of them. If you are primarily a one gun shooter, no problem. If you have a safe full of long guns putting optics on all of them or learning multiple reticles gets to be a more involved or expensive process. 

Most hunters I know run a separate range finder or binoculars with a range finder so they can scout and range without bringing their weapon up. Also allows them to use that item for multiple game, seasons, and weapons. That way if they are taking the bow, muzzle loader, rifle, or shotgun out they have one range finder to handle it all. 
Most target shooters I know don't bother with a range finder as they are typically dealing with known marked ranges or at least have a pretty good estimation. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OldIronFan said:

There are numerous ranging reticles available on quality mid to high end optics. Most folks handle it in that manner. No electronics, no extra parts.

Once learn the reticle and the math it is fairly quick and easy to range. The tricky part is having  multiple rifles and getting the same reticle and/or scope for all of them. If you are primarily a one gun shooter, no problem. If you have a safe full of long guns putting optics on all of them or learning multiple reticles gets to be a more involved or expensive process. 

Most hunters I know run a separate range finder or binoculars with a range finder so they can scout and range without bringing their weapon up. Also allows them to use that item for multiple game, seasons, and weapons. That way if they are taking the bow, muzzle loader, rifle, or shotgun out they have one range finder to handle it all. 
Most target shooters I know don't bother with a range finder as they are typically dealing with known marked ranges or at least have a pretty good estimation. 

All very good points

Some of them I didn't think of that as I really only own one semi-long range rifle

Just thought it might be easier to combine the two but like you say a handheld wouldn't have to raise the rifle

I was thinking of getting something for my dad for his deer rifle He's in his mid-70s I figured easy was good for him or at least maybe easier

I've been looking at an inexpensive Buck Masters 1500 rangefinder for myself try to get into the math surely it's good to know that stuff

Kind of like I can add numbers in my head where they teach kids now to use a calculator I can do both 😁

• Like 2