Platypus 2011s - Who shot them?

Haven't seen any in person, but have read some and seen some reviews. It looks good and from the price point seems good, especially if it will run properly with the glock mags once you'd break it in with 500rnds. to see. Regular 2011 mags. are $60++ and that can add up quickly because most manufacturers are shipping their guns with two mags. some only give you one, Staccato is now only shipping with two they said "To help with the cost" but that's hard to believe, and I owned seven at one time. I'm down to one C Single Stack but they discontinued that model so I was glad I bought 15mags from the dealer at a good price, I have the new CS Double Stack that takes mags. only made for that model cause they redesigned the grip, so if you own any of the other Staccato Double Stack guns the mags. won't work. So if the Platypus runs with the Glock Mags. then I can see it doing well because of that alone. I'd like to handle one myself and see how it feels. Sorry that's all I got on it.

I've shot 50 or so rounds through 2 different  guns. They shot well and felt good in the hand. I own  a Staccato XC, P, and C2.  With that being said, I wont be replacing any of the Staccatos with it, but I will probably buy one because its a good gun, that takes Glock mags lol. I'm not a fan of the Prodigy, IMO, its an $800 gun selling for about twice that. The new Girsan I handled felt like it had gravel in the slide and a 8 pound notchy trigger. This is just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:55 PM, usnbud said:

I've shot 50 or so rounds through 2 different  guns. They shot well and felt good in the hand. I own  a Staccato XC, P, and C2.  With that being said, I wont be replacing any of the Staccatos with it, but I will probably buy one because its a good gun, that takes Glock mags lol. I'm not a fan of the Prodigy, IMO, its an $800 gun selling for about twice that. The new Girsan I handled felt like it had gravel in the slide and a 8 pound notchy trigger. This is just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Grip strike you as different from your staccato? Saw one person note it still felt like a Glock, but I haven’t seen any other reviewers say it feels different than a normal 1911

• Like 1