Glock 43X and Holosun 507k-GR X2

Posted (edited)

Before i take off the optics cut cover plate, does anyone know if the above RDS will fit?  eyeballing it, it looks awfully tight or  close, but then i imagine its supposed to.  But on second thought, I might just get another EPS Carry and sell this optic.  I've got a EPS Carry Green MRS on my EDC P-365 Macro and I like it a lot.  Lordy, choices and decisions, lol.  Yeah I think i will do that, for consistency's sake.  I'm gonna research going prices and post this Holosun on here tomorrow.

Edited by Defender

Had a Hellcat which needed nubs shortened or removed. Was inexpensive through local Smith. Result was a superb optic equipped handgun

Have seen non mos 43x milled for Holosun. Looked very worthwhile   That person uses it as edc

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Spiffy said:

I went with adapter plate on mine. If I had to do it over I think i'd just grind em off. Remember one screw needs to be short for the plunger side.

Was not aware!

Just to add an observation.

I ALWAYS want to get the red dot mounted as low as possible on a handgun. Adapter plates are a good mounting solution, but proper slide. milling seems to give the most desirable results

From my point of view anyway

• Like 2
On 6/9/2024 at 11:18 PM, Spiffy said:

I went with adapter plate on mine. If I had to do it over I think i'd just grind em off. Remember one screw needs to be short for the plunger side.

I’m not comfortable grinding on my optic.  I had hoped for a direct easy fit.  Guess I’ll use the plate for now.

On 6/15/2024 at 10:45 AM, Defender said:

I’m not comfortable grinding on my optic.  I had hoped for a direct easy fit.  Guess I’ll use the plate for now.

You grind the posts on the slide down.

On 6/17/2024 at 7:40 AM, Defender said:

Shows how ignorant I am, LOL.  Yeah I guess I’ll use a plate.

Thats what I did. Its really more of a spacer that I got,

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Spiffy said:

Thats what I did. Its really more of a spacer that I got,

Hate to do that, but I guess I will.  My SCS Carry comes in Thursday so I’ll put that on my EDC Sig P-365 Macro Spectre and move the EPS Carry currently on that gun to the Glock-43X.  That frees up the 507k-x2 gr, but I don’t think I have anymore guns with optics cuts that don’t already have an optic.  My Glock-45 has a trijicon red dot on it, which I’m not fond of the single red dot nor the open emitter, but it IS a great reliable optic, so I’ll leave that there for now, but eventually I’ll switch it for a closed emitter green MRS optic.

The SCS Carry came in today so I installed it on my EDC P-365 Macro.  I installed the freed up EPS Carry on my Glock-43X.  There were no nubs on the Glock-43X and the EPS fit perfectly, however, I stripped one of the screw heads when tightening down the screw.  The other one is tight to the recommended inch lb, and the stripped one is close. Before I carry the red, I’ll function test at the range to make sure there’s no issues, but as far as the stripped screw goes, what do the TGO experts recommend?  Should I leave it on as is, or take it to a gunsmith to get it extracted and another put in?

So far, I like the SCS Carry.  The reticle is set up the same as on my EPS Carry so there’s no getting used to a new visual.  The size and all is very close.  It only has one button but functions similarly as the EPS carry.  One difference though, is that the SCS Carry lacks the ability to manually adjust the brighteness and stays on auto.