IDPA at Dodd Training Range...worth going?

Guest AR15thur

Guest AR15thur

This would be my first competition, either competing or watching, so I was wanting to see if it's worth the trip out to watch the match.

I've also given some thought to competing as well, is there anything in particular that I need to know? Should I watch a match before I compete?

Anyway, just looking for general info if anyone could share.

Thanks

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362

I have shot at dodd's once and it was a good match. i'm about 50/50 on going up this weekend, hopefully i'll be able to make it.

you will need eyes and ears, a strong side holster, 3 mags, mag holder, about 100rds ammo, and some sort of comcealment garment (vest, long button down shirt, jacket, etc).

there will be a safety meeting for new shooters before hand that will give you the basics. you shold be allowed to shoot near the end of the squad so you can see what everyone else is doing.

if you are coming, plan on shooting or you'll be kicking yourself watching everyone else have fun

Guest Grout

Dodd and his acolytes put on a good match,come on out.BTW the Dodd crowd is the Cleveland crowd so check out that match as well,it may be closer depending on where you live.

Guest AR15thur

Thanks for the replies.

I think I'm going to go out and try to compete, I don't expect to do well, but I think it'll be fun.

It's about the same distance to Sale Creek for me as it is to Cleveland, so if I end up liking this one, I'll probably check out the Cleveland competition as well.

Guest Policek9Trainer

Food, someone mentioned food, game on man, sign me up :rofl:

Resistance is futile, you shall be assimilated by goodies :P

Guest Policek9Trainer

I've had them beg me not to shave my head as I've been tempted many times since I can't grow enough to prevent blindness of those driving behind me at night with their high beams on :screwy: One of these days I need to go to one of these things, its been many many years since I've done anything like that. We didn't have access to all the fancy stuff they use nowadays.

There is some stuff on our website geared to new shooters. Take a look and see what you think.

Music City Tactical Shooters - IDPA Nashville

Great info in the new shooters section.

I've read it before on the IDPA site, but reading things more than once only helps.

I've been doing the dry fire drills for a couple of weeks now and that helps alot.

My first shoot will be the qualifier at Cleveland on the 16th..

Thanks for the link Catseye.

Guest abailey362

good luck on the qualifier, i should be able to make it to that one...finally get to shoot a classifier.