UPS pissing me off!

res308

Tried to find an authorized UPS shipping center to ship a firearm. Called the Clarksville hub. Woman that answered stated it would have to go to a dealer. Explained to her that fed law states, from what I understand, that one eligible human can ship a firearm directly to another eligible human as long as they are both within the same state. Didn't matter. It was her job at UPS to state that this was their policy, regardless of what fed law allowed.:death::censored::P What the heck?! I may have a buyer for one or both of my firearms, he's on the other side of the state, and I was just trying to save him a little money and split the shipping with him. As long as he and I both know that each other has nothing prohibiting either of us from owning or selling one, it shouldn't be a problem. What's the deal here? I know each and every company out there has every right to set their own policies, but this just has me hacked off.

Any and all FFL's on here are more than welcome to chime in. I just want to know if my viewpoint is wrong, or is this really screwed up? Yes, by the way, I'm slightly angry. I'll get out of the office here and drink some Dr. Pepper and chew on some Copenhagen for a while and calm down while waiting for ya'll to either get mad with me or set me straight, either one. Just need to know where I stand.

Rick

Edited by res308
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, FWIW, here's UPS firearms shipping from its own service guide:

Shipping Firearms

Special Procedures for Shipping Firearms

Use These UPS Services for Your Firearm Shipment

UPS accepts packages containing firearms, as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code, for transportation from and between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors, as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code, law enforcement agencies of the United States (or of any department or agency of the United States) and law enforcement agencies of any state or department agency (or political subdivision of any state), and from and between persons not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or local law and when such shipment complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient and package.

* Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921,will be accepted for transportation only via UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, or UPS Next Day Air Saver® services. (Note: UPS Express CriticalSM Service is not available for firearms).

* UPS accepts firearm parts for shipment, provided the part is not a "firearm" as defined under federal law; the contents of the package cannot be assembled to form a firearm; and the package otherwise complies with federal, state, and local law. (Note: Receivers or frames of a firearm, firearm mufflers and silencers are considered "firearms" and are accepted for transportation only if shipped in accordance with UPS's requirements for shipping firearms.)

* UPS does not accept automatic weapons, including machine guns, for shipment.

* Firearms, including handguns, and firearm parts are not accepted for shipment internationally

* Ammunition may be accepted for shipment internationally provided it is shipped in accordance with the UPS Guide for Shipping International Goods.

* UPS ReturnsSM Services are not available for packages containing firearms.

----------

Incidentally, you can rule out FedEx for handguns, if individual to individual.

Kicker is, Federal Law says you must declare package as firearm with shipper..

- OS