Just like Christmas morning...a trio of new holsters!

Here are the 3 new holsters I got this week. The Mitch Rosen for my RIA Compact arrived earlier this week and the 442 AHolster pocket holster and Minotaur MTAC M&P slide holster both arrived today.

After carrying the RIA around some this week, I like it better than the Milt Sparks Summer Special b/c the belt loop is offset and seems to pull the gun closer to my body. I do like the fact that the Summer Special had a "sweat flap" that also protected the safety, but I have not noticed any trouble w/ accidently disengaging the safety and I usually wear an undershirt so the sweat shield is no biggie.

I look forward to breaking in the MTAC and eventually picking up an M&P Compact since my significant other is in love w/ my full size M&P. The AHolster will fit along nicely w/ my Desantis Nemesis, although after a quick glance, the Nemesis may be seeing more drawer duty than carry duty.

Holsters002.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Nicely done. I'm a huge fan of the pocket A-Holster and MTAC. Like you, an M&P Compact of some sort is on my radar once again. I recently added a full-size 9mm to compliment my full-size .40SW so it's only natural to add a compact, right? :death:

Just got my Aholster tonight and it seems very loose with my J frame. Is that normal? What is the hole at the bottom for? A lanyard? None of my pockets have lanyard strings.

I believe the hole is simply due to the type of rivet/ fastener used to hold the lower side of the holster together.

Just got my Aholster tonight and it seems very loose with my J frame. Is that normal? What is the hole at the bottom for? A lanyard? None of my pockets have lanyard strings.

Mine felt loose to me as well, but after carrying it all night, I never noticed any issue.

I carried it today and played with my drawing some. I guess if it were any tighter, it wouldn't come out of the holster. It serves the purpose of keeping the trigger covered while in the pocket. I really like it.

That Aholster is on my short list of things to get.

I've been carrying it since I got it and the Nemesis hasn't been missed at all. The AHolster is so slim and hides the gun well in khakis, shorts and jeans. Definitely a big thumbs up!