HB0962 - Restaurant Carry

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears as if the vote is veto proof.

Well unlike on the Federal Level and in some other states.....it only takes a simple majority to over a veto by the Governor in TN.

So unless there is some sort of major change of opinion or if the Governor just wants to take a stand...there is no real reason for a TN Governor to veto a bill that passes.

Guest Seminole

Fabulous!!

I will refrain from politely poking those who brayed for accepting the restrictions to move it.

Good for you--it's always good to be polite. . . . The important is that we got what we were pushing for.

the key to this legislation was the house wanted the "age-restricted venue".... as long as the senate goes along with it were good to go.

This was the plan all along as far as i can tell.

Yep......that's the way I figure it....

Guest SomeGuy

Yah, you got the Guys mixed up. Still, it was funny, eh Fall?

Seriously though, Mike, (post 275) Bredeson does not matter. We just won. (Well, to be pessimistic, he could veto, and the House might do something stupid, like not over-ride, but I do not expect that. For Democrats, that would be a death kneel, and ensure they do not re-gain the House in 2010, as well as hinder their Gubernatorial candidate.)

Guest pws_smokeyjones

wouldn't you know it, I have been sitting here at work, doing my thing and listening to this session all day, and just as they started this bill, I get a fire to put out and I missed the whole dang thing. At least it passed. Sweet. I will go back and watch the archive video to see what was said.

Guest SomeGuy

Oh, and Glockmiester, you do know the age restricted venue is NOT in the bill the House just passed, correct?

The senate version (no restrictions) is what we passed.

Guest db99wj
the key to this legislation was the house wanted the "age-restricted venue".... as long as the senate goes along with it were good to go.

This was the plan all along as far as i can tell.

Isn't the version that was just accepted essentially the senate version?

Guest SomeGuy

Yes, one day that can be corrected. As is, any alcohol in your system, no matter how minute, can mean no legal carry. For now, I consider it acceptable. Course, I don't drink.

Guest Seminole
So where are we all metting up on June 1?

Pretty much anywhere we want, now! Heh, heh, heh. . . . Now we just have to watch out for what restaurants get legally posted. :eek:

Guest Seminole
I didn't say that......

Oops, sorry! Someguy is correct--I got the two of you mixed up. And I think I did it a second time, too. So I'm sorry again!

There was an ammendment added, I heard they were going to try and add the age restriction back in... im out of pocket... I'll find out later so I can be 100% sure.

If it passed clean then thats more then I thought me could get.

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER
Guest SomeGuy

Glock,

Unless the Senate does something stupid, we are not going to have that restriction.

At this point, we just need to make sure Bredeson understands that we will punish Democrats in general come 2010 if he does not sign it, or let it become law. We can defeat a veto, but it adds to the process. At this point, victory is literally in our jaws.

Guest kdpate
Calhoun's LOLOLOLOLOL

You have got to be kidding, right?????:eek::screwy::D

Then again, a group pic (everyone OCing of course) in Mikey's establishment sent to his main office would be nice....;)

j/k